5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- What are the three main types of services
- What two patterns are most clustered rural settlements?
- What were southeastern colonies' settlements like?
- What is a nodal region
- What is the Kremlin?
- a The medieval walled area of central Moscow and where russian military leaders work
- b small, dispersed farms at first. Then plantations grew
- c Circular or linear
- d consumer, business, and public services
- e A region with a core where the characteristic is most intense
5 Multiple choice questions
- Hamlet or village
- In U.S, having a regular hierarchy means that the society is wealthy enough for the provision of services. In LDCS, not having a rank-size rule means there isn't enough wealth to provide services
- areas where a number of families live in close proximity with fields surrounding the collection of houses and farms
- centers of military power
- the maximum distance people are willing to travel to use a service- small range: convenience store, large range: sports stadium
5 True/False questions
What were middle atlantic colonies' settlements like? → Since there was a wide variety of cultures, and most came as individuals dispersed settlements became popular.
What do public services do and examples → Security and protection- gov, police, fire, public education
What is a service → the minimum number of people needed to support the service
Where do periodic markets provide their goods? → to residents of LDCS and in rural areas of MDCS with small populations and low incomes
What 2 things determine the size of a market area? → Hexagon- doesn't cause gaps, and has closer related distances from center