5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- What is the Kremlin?
- Why/who did business services begin with?
- What are dispersed rural settlements?
- What is the market area/hinterland?
- Why and who did consumer services begin with?
- a the area surrounding a service from which customers are attracted
- b The medieval walled area of central Moscow and where russian military leaders work
- c farmers living on individual farms isolated from neighbors rather alongside them
- d began in settlements with hunters and gatherers. Permanent settlement was made to store these goods and then the resources were traded
- e Began with nomads who focused on burying dead
5 Multiple choice questions
- Circular or linear
- lost time moving between fields, had to build more roads to connect the small lots, and farmers had been restricted to what they could plant
- provide services for people who desire it (don't NEED it) and can pay for it (ex: Retail, leisure activities- restaurants and hotels, education-private and college, health- fitness and plastic surgery)
- A region with a core where the characteristic is most intense
- Ranking settlements from largest to smallest (in population)
5 True/False questions
What are other names for clustered rural settlements? → Hamlet or village
What is the primate city rule → the country's nth-largest settlement is 1/n the population of the largest settlement (the 2nd largest is 1/2 the size of the largest)
What type of economic activity is services? → consumer, business, and public services
What type of service are the majority of people in and why? → Business- higher demand and better pay
what do business services do and examples → Security and protection- gov, police, fire, public education