5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- What 2 things determine the size of a market area?
- What did European countries do to improve agricultural production?
- What type of economic activity is services?
- Why/who did business services begin with?
- What is a service
- a Tertiary
- b began in settlements with hunters and gatherers. Permanent settlement was made to store these goods and then the resources were traded
- c Range and threshold
- d converted their rural landscapes from clustered to dispersed with the enclosure movement (G.B)- consolidated individually owned strips of land into a single large farm owned by an individual
- e Something that fulfills a want or need to return $ to those who provide it
5 Multiple choice questions
- Should be a straight line- if it isn't, that means the society doesn't have a rank-size distribution of settlements
- Since there was a wide variety of cultures, and most came as individuals dispersed settlements became popular.
- The medieval walled area of central Moscow and where russian military leaders work
- small, dispersed farms at first. Then plantations grew
- A region with a core where the characteristic is most intense
5 True/False questions
What were the pros and cons of the enclosure movement? → Pros: greater agricultural efficiency, Cons: destroyed the self-contained world of village life
What are clustered rural settlements? → areas where a number of families live in close proximity with fields surrounding the collection of houses and farms
What happened in clustered rural settlements when the population grew too large for the fields? → They are considered more efficient
Where are services clustered → in settlements
What is wrong with using circles or squares for market areas? → Circles leave gaps and can cause overlapping. With a square, the distance from the center varies among points along a square