5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- What are the three main types of services
- Where does the central place theory apply most clearly and why?
- What are the 2 patterns the gravity model takes into account?
- What is a threshold
- What is the market area/hinterland?
- a consumer, business, and public services
- b the area surrounding a service from which customers are attracted
- c the minimum number of people needed to support the service
- d In the Great Plains- aren't heavily industrialized or interrupted by major physical features (rivers/mountains)
- e 1. the greater the number of people living in an area, the greater the number of potential customers 2. the farther people are from a particular service, the less likely they are to use it
5 Multiple choice questions
- Security and protection- gov, police, fire, public education
- When settlements developed, they needed protection and developed public services
- cultural bonds had weakened, descendants of original settlers grew less interested in the religious and cultural values.
- A market center for the exchange of goods and services by people attracted from the surrounding area
- Range and threshold
5 True/False questions
What are dispersed rural settlements? → areas where a number of families live in close proximity with fields surrounding the collection of houses and farms
What is a range and exs of small and large ones → the maximum distance people are willing to travel to use a service- small range: convenience store, large range: sports stadium
What type of economic activity is services? → consumer, business, and public services
What were New England colonies' clustered settlements like? → Since there was a wide variety of cultures, and most came as individuals dispersed settlements became popular.
what do business services do and examples → Security and protection- gov, police, fire, public education