5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Angular Unconformity
- Index Fossil
- a An unconformity in which younger sediment or sedimentary rocks rest on the eroded surface of tilted or folded older rocks.
- b large, ancient landmass that was composed of all the continents joined together
- c States that in an undisturbed rock layers the oldest rocks are on the bottom and the rocks become progressively younger toward the top.
- d Remains of species that existed on earth for a relatively short period of time, were abundant and widespread geography, and can be used geologists to assign the ages of rock layers.
- e Seismic sea wave that begins over an earthquake focus and can be highly destructive when it crashes on the shore.
5 Multiple choice questions
- Principle that states that which cats across is younger that what it cuts.
- The age of something compared with other things.
- The amount of damage caused by an earthquake.
- Vibrations producedwjen rocks break along a fault
- the act of processing used or abandoned materials for use in creating new products.
5 True/False questions
Uniformitarianism → Principle that states that processes that are occurring on the earth today have happened also in the past at or about the same rate.
Carbon Film → Thin film Of carbon residue preserved as a fossil.
Charles Darwin → English naturalist. He studied the plants and animals of South America and the Pacific islands, and in his book On the Origin of Species by Means of Natural Selection (1859) set forth his theory of evolution.
Fossil → The preserved remains or traces of an organism that lived in the past.
Cinder Cone → Remains of species that existed on earth for a relatively short period of time, were abundant and widespread geography, and can be used geologists to assign the ages of rock layers.