5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- James Hutton
- Carbon Film
- Shield Volcanoe
- Relative Age
- a The preserved remains or traces of an organism that lived in the past.
- b The age of something compared with other things.
- c Broad,gently sloping volcano formed by quiet eruptions of basaltic lava.
- d Geologist who developed the principle of Uniformitarianism, considered the father of modern geology.
- e Thin film Of carbon residue preserved as a fossil.
5 Multiple choice questions
- Seismic sea wave that begins over an earthquake focus and can be highly destructive when it crashes on the shore.
- A type of body fossil that forms in rock when an organism with hard parts is buried, decays or dissolves and leaves a cavity int he rock
- The amount of damage caused by an earthquake.
- Surface along which rocks move when they pass their elastic limit and break
- An unconformity in which younger sediment or sedimentary rocks rest on the eroded surface of tilted or folded older rocks.
5 True/False questions
Pangaea → Seismic sea wave that begins over an earthquake focus and can be highly destructive when it crashes on the shore.
Uniformitarianism → States that in an undisturbed rock layers the oldest rocks are on the bottom and the rocks become progressively younger toward the top.
Cast → Surface along which rocks move when they pass their elastic limit and break
Hot Spot → In an earthquake, the point below Earth's surface were energy is released in the form of Seismic waves.
Earthquake → Vibrations producedwjen rocks break along a fault