5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Cinder Cone
- a Steep sided loosely packed volcano formed when tephra falls to the ground.
- b large, ancient landmass that was composed of all the continents joined together
- c Surface along which rocks move when they pass their elastic limit and break
- d Measure of energy released during an earthquake.
- e A type of body fossil that forms in rock when an organism with hard parts is buried, decays or dissolves and leaves a cavity int he rock
5 Multiple choice questions
- the act of processing used or abandoned materials for use in creating new products.
- In an earthquake, the point below Earth's surface were energy is released in the form of Seismic waves.
- English naturalist. He studied the plants and animals of South America and the Pacific islands, and in his book On the Origin of Species by Means of Natural Selection (1859) set forth his theory of evolution.
- The preserved remains or traces of an organism that lived in the past.
- Crack in the earth along which NO movement has occured.
5 True/False questions
Angular Unconformity → Thin film Of carbon residue preserved as a fossil.
Epicenter → Point on Earth's surface directly above an earthquakes focus.
Shield Volcanoe → Steep sided loosely packed volcano formed when tephra falls to the ground.
Cast → A type of body fossil that firms when crystals fill a mold or sediments wash into mold and harden into rock.
Index Fossil → Remains of species that existed on earth for a relatively short period of time, were abundant and widespread geography, and can be used geologists to assign the ages of rock layers.