6 Written questions
6 Multiple choice questions
- Provided public works jobs for the unemployed. They were usually construction jobs.
- Provided electricity in rural areas.
- Offered pointless, made-up jobs to the unemployed like sweeping the streets. Many people disapproved of it.
- Gave part time jobs to high school and college students.
- Provided long-term low interest mortgage loans.
- Gave grants to the states to operate relief programs. Headed by Harry Hopkins
6 True/False questions
Home Owners Loan Corporation (HOLC) → Helped people refinance their mortgages so they wouldn't lose their homes
Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) → Supervised the stock market and punished fraud.
Federal Farm Loan Act → Established social security.
Agricultural Adjustment Act (AAA) → Paid farmers subsidies in order not to overproduce. It really hurt sharecroppers and was later declared unconstitutional.
Social Security Act → Established social security.
Wagner Act (National Labor Relations Act)/ National Labor Relations Board (NLRB) → Reaffirmed the right of labor to unionize and ensured fairness in labor and management relationships.