6 Written questions
6 Multiple choice questions
- Established social security.
- Created a board of labor leaders that made a code that set minimum prices, wages, work hours, production limits, etc. for each industry.
- Paid farmers subsidies in order not to overproduce. It really hurt sharecroppers and was later declared unconstitutional.
- Offered pointless, made-up jobs to the unemployed like sweeping the streets. Many people disapproved of it.
- Gave part time jobs to high school and college students.
- Provided funds for banks and liquidated unsound banks, then reopened them ten days later
6 True/False questions
Home Owners Loan Corporation (HOLC) → Helped people refinance their mortgages so they wouldn't lose their homes
Rural Electrification Administration (REA) → Provided electricity in rural areas.
Public Works Administration (PWA) → Offered pointless, made-up jobs to the unemployed like sweeping the streets. Many people disapproved of it.
Federal Emergency Relief Administration (FERA) → Gave grants to the states to operate relief programs. Headed by Harry Hopkins
Federal Housing Authority (FHA) → Provided long-term low interest mortgage loans.
Tennessee Valley Authority (TVA) → First experiment in regional public planning. Built damns and supplied electricity to rural areas.