6 Written questions
6 Multiple choice questions
- Provided electricity in rural areas.
- Provided public works jobs for the unemployed. They were usually construction jobs.
- Provided long-term low interest mortgage loans.
- Gave part time jobs to high school and college students.
- First experiment in regional public planning. Built damns and supplied electricity to rural areas.
- Established social security.
6 True/False questions
National Industrial Recovery Act (NIRA) & National Recovery Administration (NRA) → Provided electricity in rural areas.
Home Owners Loan Corporation (HOLC) → Helped people refinance their mortgages so they wouldn't lose their homes
Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) → Gave jobs to young men ages 18-24, usually in parks and forests. About 2.75 million men participated.
Federal Emergency Relief Administration (FERA) → Gave grants to the states to operate relief programs. Headed by Harry Hopkins
Emergency Banking Relief Act → Made it easier for farmers to gain credit and get low-interest loans.
Civil Works Administration (CWA) → Offered pointless, made-up jobs to the unemployed like sweeping the streets. Many people disapproved of it.