6 Written questions
6 Multiple choice questions
- Provided long-term low interest mortgage loans.
- First experiment in regional public planning. Built damns and supplied electricity to rural areas.
- Provided public works jobs for the unemployed. They were usually construction jobs.
- Insured deposits up to a certain amount
- Reaffirmed the right of labor to unionize and ensured fairness in labor and management relationships.
- Created more public works jobs and programs for painters, musicians, writers, and other artists. Nicknamed, "we piddle around"
6 True/False questions
Rural Electrification Administration (REA) → Gave grants to the states to operate relief programs. Headed by Harry Hopkins
Agricultural Adjustment Act (AAA) → Paid farmers subsidies in order not to overproduce. It really hurt sharecroppers and was later declared unconstitutional.
Civilian Conservation Corps (CCC) → Gave jobs to young men ages 18-24, usually in parks and forests. About 2.75 million men participated.
Emergency Banking Relief Act → Provided funds for banks and liquidated unsound banks, then reopened them ten days later
National Youth Administration (NYA) → Offered pointless, made-up jobs to the unemployed like sweeping the streets. Many people disapproved of it.
Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) → Gave jobs to young men ages 18-24, usually in parks and forests. About 2.75 million men participated.