6 Written questions
6 Multiple choice questions
- First experiment in regional public planning. Built damns and supplied electricity to rural areas.
- Made it easier for farmers to gain credit and get low-interest loans.
- Provided long-term low interest mortgage loans.
- Provided funds for banks and liquidated unsound banks, then reopened them ten days later
- Gave grants to the states to operate relief programs. Headed by Harry Hopkins
- Provided public works jobs for the unemployed. They were usually construction jobs.
6 True/False questions
Agricultural Adjustment Act (AAA) → Paid farmers subsidies in order not to overproduce. It really hurt sharecroppers and was later declared unconstitutional.
Civil Works Administration (CWA) → Provided public works jobs for the unemployed. They were usually construction jobs.
National Industrial Recovery Act (NIRA) & National Recovery Administration (NRA) → Provided electricity in rural areas.
Wagner Act (National Labor Relations Act)/ National Labor Relations Board (NLRB) → Gave part time jobs to high school and college students.
Home Owners Loan Corporation (HOLC) → Created more public works jobs and programs for painters, musicians, writers, and other artists. Nicknamed, "we piddle around"
Works Progress Administration (WPA) → Offered pointless, made-up jobs to the unemployed like sweeping the streets. Many people disapproved of it.