6 Written questions
6 Multiple choice questions
- Provided funds for banks and liquidated unsound banks, then reopened them ten days later
- Established social security.
- Provided public works jobs for the unemployed. They were usually construction jobs.
- Gave grants to the states to operate relief programs. Headed by Harry Hopkins
- Reaffirmed the right of labor to unionize and ensured fairness in labor and management relationships.
- Provided electricity in rural areas.
6 True/False questions
Civil Works Administration (CWA) → Offered pointless, made-up jobs to the unemployed like sweeping the streets. Many people disapproved of it.
Home Owners Loan Corporation (HOLC) → Created more public works jobs and programs for painters, musicians, writers, and other artists. Nicknamed, "we piddle around"
Works Progress Administration (WPA) → Offered pointless, made-up jobs to the unemployed like sweeping the streets. Many people disapproved of it.
Federal Farm Loan Act → Made it easier for farmers to gain credit and get low-interest loans.
National Youth Administration (NYA) → Gave part time jobs to high school and college students.
Federal Housing Authority (FHA) → Provided long-term low interest mortgage loans.