6 Written questions
6 Multiple choice questions
- Gave jobs to young men ages 18-24, usually in parks and forests. About 2.75 million men participated.
- Insured deposits up to a certain amount
- Established social security.
- Provided public works jobs for the unemployed. They were usually construction jobs.
- Provided electricity in rural areas.
- Created more public works jobs and programs for painters, musicians, writers, and other artists. Nicknamed, "we piddle around"
6 True/False questions
Home Owners Loan Corporation (HOLC) → Helped people refinance their mortgages so they wouldn't lose their homes
Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) → Supervised the stock market and punished fraud.
Wagner Act (National Labor Relations Act)/ National Labor Relations Board (NLRB) → Reaffirmed the right of labor to unionize and ensured fairness in labor and management relationships.
Emergency Banking Relief Act → Provided funds for banks and liquidated unsound banks, then reopened them ten days later
Federal Farm Loan Act → Made it easier for farmers to gain credit and get low-interest loans.
Civil Works Administration (CWA) → Offered pointless, made-up jobs to the unemployed like sweeping the streets. Many people disapproved of it.