6 Written questions
6 Multiple choice questions
- Paid farmers subsidies in order not to overproduce. It really hurt sharecroppers and was later declared unconstitutional.
- Provided funds for banks and liquidated unsound banks, then reopened them ten days later
- Made it easier for farmers to gain credit and get low-interest loans.
- Provided long-term low interest mortgage loans.
- Reaffirmed the right of labor to unionize and ensured fairness in labor and management relationships.
- Helped people refinance their mortgages so they wouldn't lose their homes
6 True/False questions
Federal Emergency Relief Administration (FERA) → Provided electricity in rural areas.
Civil Works Administration (CWA) → Provided public works jobs for the unemployed. They were usually construction jobs.
Banking Act (FDIC) → Established social security.
Social Security Act → Made it easier for farmers to gain credit and get low-interest loans.
Public Works Administration (PWA) → Offered pointless, made-up jobs to the unemployed like sweeping the streets. Many people disapproved of it.
Rural Electrification Administration (REA) → Gave grants to the states to operate relief programs. Headed by Harry Hopkins