6 Written questions
6 Multiple choice questions
- Provided electricity in rural areas.
- Gave grants to the states to operate relief programs. Headed by Harry Hopkins
- Offered pointless, made-up jobs to the unemployed like sweeping the streets. Many people disapproved of it.
- Gave part time jobs to high school and college students.
- Provided long-term low interest mortgage loans.
- Supervised the stock market and punished fraud.
6 True/False questions
Public Works Administration (PWA) → Provided public works jobs for the unemployed. They were usually construction jobs.
Emergency Banking Relief Act → Provided funds for banks and liquidated unsound banks, then reopened them ten days later
Civilian Conservation Corps (CCC) → Gave jobs to young men ages 18-24, usually in parks and forests. About 2.75 million men participated.
Social Security Act → Made it easier for farmers to gain credit and get low-interest loans.
Tennessee Valley Authority (TVA) → Provided long-term low interest mortgage loans.
National Industrial Recovery Act (NIRA) & National Recovery Administration (NRA) → Created a board of labor leaders that made a code that set minimum prices, wages, work hours, production limits, etc. for each industry.