Nov/Dec 2014 Grade 5 Blue Division Wordmasters
This is the first Wordmaster Challenge set in the blue division for grade five, 2014/2015 school year.
Terms in this set (25)
1.a loud, prolonged ringing of bells. 2.any loud, sustained sound or series of sounds, as of cannon, thunder, applause, or laughter. 3. to sound loudly and sonorously
to chuckle gleefully.
dexterous; nimble; skillful; clever
1. a small, makeshift or crude shelter or habitation, as of boughs, poles, skins, earth, or rough boards; cabin or hut. 2. to have a habitation or quarters, especially temporarily, as in a hotel, motel, or inn 3. to be fixed, implanted, or caught in a place or position; come to rest; stick
1. a person who is equal to another in abilities, qualifications, age, background, and social status. 2. to look narrowly or searchingly, as in the effort to discern clearly.
1. having a roughly broken, rocky, hilly, or jagged surface 2. rough, harsh, or stern, as persons or nature.
a loud, resonant sound
1. to give forth or produce by a natural process or in return for cultivation 2. to produce or furnish (payment, profit, or interest) 3. to give up or over; relinquish or resign 4. to cause; give rise to
firm, strict, or uncompromising
a place of shelter, protection, or safety.
to feel about with the hands; feel one's way
1. lacking in vigor or vitality; slack or slow 2. drooping or flagging from weakness or fatigue; faint
1. active strength or force. 2. healthy physical or mental energy or power; vitality.
1. to force or drive, especially to a course of action 2. to have a powerful and irresistible effect, influence, etc.
having or showing little or no interest in anything; languid; spiritless; indifferent
to laugh in a half-suppressed, indecorous or disrespectful manner.
1. to hold or make fast to something 2. to seize another, or each other, in a firm grip, as in wrestling; clinch. 3. to engage in a struggle or close encounter (usually followed by with) 4. to try to overcome or deal (usually followed by with)
not strict or severe; careless or negligent
the nest of a bird of prey, as an eagle or a hawk.
A contract in which one party forfeits the right to pursue a legal claim against the other party.
strong, as in substance, construction, or texture:
1. a den or resting place of a wild animal 2. a secluded or hidden place, especially a secret retreat or base of operations; a hideout or hideaway
1. to enclose within bounds; limit or restrict 2. to shut or keep in; prevent from leaving a place because of imprisonment, illness, discipline, etc
1. Filled with hate 2. derisive; contemptuous
1. extreme and general scarcity of food, as in a country or a large geographical area 2. any extreme and general scarcity
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE...
Test Preparation TOEIC, SAT, TOEFL
Nov/Dec 2014 Grade 5 Blue Wordmasters
THIS SET IS OFTEN IN FOLDERS WITH...
WordMasters Grade 5 Blue
Word Masters Challenge Grade 5 Blue Division Word List February 2015
The Official Scripps National Spelling Bee Seventh Grade 2012-2013 School Year Word List(100 words)
Geography Bee -- United States Geography