5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Steroid Hormones
- Adrenaline (epinephrine)
- a ____ is released in response to stress, dilation of blood vessels, increase in blood pressure and blood sugar.
- b The name of hormones made from cholesterol
- c ____ decreases calcium in blood plasma.
- d For every hormone released by the anterior pituitary gland, the hypothalamus releases a hormone. Give the name for each hormone where X denotes any of the hormones released by the anterior pituitary gland,
- e Glucagon is made by the ____.
5 Multiple choice questions
- ____ controls growth and metabolism, inadequate dietary iodine causes hypothyroidism (slow metabolism, reduced body temperature, overweight) found in the thyroid
- Targets the male and female gonads. In females, it tagets the ovaries to begin ovulation and begin the development of the corpus luteum. In males in stimulates the testes to make testosterone.
- The name of the process in which the increase of one hormone secretion or its effects cause the decrease of another hormone secretion. this leads to balance.
5 True/False questions
Adrenal Cortex → Angiotensin is made by the _____.
Peptide Hormones → The name of hormones made from amino acids
Vasopressin → The alternative name for Antidiuretic hormone is _______.