5 Written questions
4 Matching questions
- Anterior pituitary gland
- Adrenal Medulla
- a Noradrenaline is made by the _____.
- b Progesterone is made by inside the ____.
- c Prolactin is made by the _______.
5 Multiple choice questions
- The name of the model in which certain hormones can't go through the cell membrane so it binds to a protein receptor and stimulates a cascade of events in the cell with the use of a secondary messenger. This will activate certain enzymes to stimulate chemical reactions.
- ____ balances metabolism of protein, carbohydrates, and fats.
- ____ decreases blood sugar
- Targets the male and female gonads. In females, it tagets the ovaries to begin ovulation and begin the development of the corpus luteum. In males in stimulates the testes to make testosterone.
- ____ controls growth and metabolism, inadequate dietary iodine causes hypothyroidism (slow metabolism, reduced body temperature, overweight) found in the thyroid
5 True/False questions
Building → Calcitonin results in the ____ (building/breakdown) of bones.
Diabeties mellitus → The disease name for lack of production of Insulin by the pancreas is _____.
Estrogen → _______ hormones bind to intracellular receptors.