5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Dwarfism, giantism
- Adrenal cortex
- Pituitary gland
- b Stimulates the mammary glands in females to produce breast milk after childbirth.
- c The term for the outer layer of the adrenal gland.
- d The result of too little or too much Growth Hormone (somatophin). List in alphabetical order
- e Antidiuretic hormone is MADE by the _______.
5 Multiple choice questions
- Oxytocin is made by the _______.
- Thyroid stimulating hormone is made by the _______.
- Peptide hormones _______ (can/cannot) cross the cell membrane.
- The name of the model in wich certain hormones can go through the cell membrane and affect the production of certain proteins which will stimulate chemical reactions
- Oxytocin is stored by the _______.
5 True/False questions
two messenger model → The name of the model in which certain hormones can't go through the cell membrane so it binds to a protein receptor and stimulates a cascade of events in the cell with the use of a secondary messenger. This will activate certain enzymes to stimulate chemical reactions.
Posterior pituitary gland → Antidiuretic hormone is STORED by the _______.
Peptide → _______ hormones bind to extracellular receptors in the membrane of the cell.
Estrogen, Progesterone → This hormone responsible for male sexual maturity.
Glucagon → This hormone increases blood sugar.