5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- a Estrogen is made inside the ____.
- b This hormone controls the blood pressure by causing blood vessels to contract or relax.
- c ____ balances metabolism of protein, carbohydrates, and fats.
- d _______ hormones bind to extracellular receptors in the membrane of the cell.
- e Steroid hormones _______ (can/cannot) cross the cell membrane.
5 Multiple choice questions
- Oxytocin is stored by the _______.
- Antidiuretic hormone is STORED by the _______.
- Progesterone is made by inside the ____.
- Noradrenaline is made by the _____.
- This hormone controls the development and action of lymphosites.
5 True/False questions
Noradrenaline → same function as adrenaline, but also a neurotransmitter.
Adrenal gland → Melatonin is made by the ____.
Adrenal Medulla → Corticoids are made by the ____.
Anterior pituitary gland → Thyroid stimulating hormone is made by the _______.
Thyroxine → ____ controls growth and metabolism, inadequate dietary iodine causes hypothyroidism (slow metabolism, reduced body temperature, overweight) found in the thyroid