5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Adrenal gland
- a This hormone increases blood sugar.
- b "local hormones", effects local tissue without entering the bloodstream ex. smooth muscles contract
- c For every hormone released by the anterior pituitary gland, the hypothalamus releases a hormone. Give the name for each hormone where X denotes any of the hormones released by the anterior pituitary gland,
- e Thymosin is produce by the ____.
5 Multiple choice questions
- Luteinizing hormone is made by the _______.
- Glucagon is made by the ____.
- The alternative name for Antidiuretic hormone is _______.
- The term for the outer layer of the adrenal gland.
- ____ controls growth and metabolism, inadequate dietary iodine causes hypothyroidism (slow metabolism, reduced body temperature, overweight) found in the thyroid
5 True/False questions
Aldosterone → ____ increases the retention by kidneys of sodium and potassium.
Adrenocorticotropic hormone (ACTH) → Targets the male and female gonads. In females, it tagets the ovaries to begin ovulation and begin the development of the corpus luteum. In males in stimulates the testes to make testosterone.
negative feedback → The name of the process in which the increase of one hormone secretion causes the increase of another hormone secretion
Steroid Hormones → The name of hormones made from cholesterol
Steroid → Steroid hormones have generally _______ (fast/slow) effects on cells.