5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- negative feedback
- a ____ balances metabolism of protein, carbohydrates, and fats.
- b Steroid hormones have generally _______ (fast/slow) effects on cells.
- c Estrogen is made inside the ____.
- d The name of the process in which the increase of one hormone secretion or its effects cause the decrease of another hormone secretion. this leads to balance.
- e Antidiuretic hormone is MADE by the _______.
5 Multiple choice questions
- same function as adrenaline, but also a neurotransmitter.
- ____ hormones is the alternative name for Protein hormones.
- "local hormones", effects local tissue without entering the bloodstream ex. smooth muscles contract
5 True/False questions
Thyroxine → ____ controls growth and metabolism, inadequate dietary iodine causes hypothyroidism (slow metabolism, reduced body temperature, overweight) found in the thyroid
Dwarfism, giantism → The result of too little or too much Growth Hormone (somatophin). List in alphabetical order
Adrenal gland →
Adrenal Medulla → Noradrenaline is made by the _____.
Thymus → Testosterone is made inside the ____.