5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Steroid Hormones
- Anterior pituitary gland
- Growth hormone (GH)
- a Peptide hormes have generally _______ (fast/slow) effects on cells.
- b Growth hormone is made by the _______.
- d This hormone stimulates all cells in the body to grow. It adults this hormone stimulates old cells to be replaced by new cells.
- e The name of hormones made from cholesterol
5 Multiple choice questions
- Name the two hormones that stimulate Female sexual maturity in alphabetical order.
- Peptide hormones _______ (can/cannot) cross the cell membrane.
- Oxytocin is made by the _______.
- This hormone is responsible for sexual maturity and the sleeping cycle
5 True/False questions
Renal cortex → The term for the outer layer of the adrenal gland.
Adrenal cortex → The term for the outer layer of the adrenal gland.
Anterior pituitary gland → Oxytocin is stored by the _______.
corticoids → ____ balances metabolism of protein, carbohydrates, and fats.