5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- It's okay to break some rules of mechanics
- in the words of Loana
- Fix by inserting comma
- a such as the rule not to write in fragments-if you do so intentionally and successfully for rhetorical reasons . (For my papers, indicate in pencil in the margins if you are intentionally breaking a rule of mechanics, so that I know you know what you're up to.)
- b sake of the agurment
- c before and. (or any coordinating conjunction: and, or, but for, so, yet)
- d even a picture or a movie)
- e make notes in the margin
5 Multiple choice questions
- utlining, talking about reading with a friend, marginalia, reading beginning and end questions/guidelines/summaries first, incarnating new vocabulary
- makes readers believe and care about what you are saying
- Lexus Nexus and EBSCO host's Newpaper Source.
- changing the vocabulary to make it sound- redoing and thus are uncomfortable with the idea of revision and even the word revision.
5 True/False questions
How to make a passive voice sentence active → stories, concrete examples, personal experience, clearly stated and simple assertions
juxtaposition → (opinion = statement of what one believes to be true = generally arguable = stronger without "I think")
revise → (both Hjortshoj's definition (antyhing written) and mine ("anything readable
EXPERIENCED WRITERS' REVISION STRATEGIES TO EMBRACE → utlining, talking about reading with a friend, marginalia, reading beginning and end questions/guidelines/summaries first, incarnating new vocabulary
RESEARCH PAPER EDITING CONCEPTS: → 1. EARLY = You haven't yet begun to research or write, but you are thinking about the asst. = All you have is a general topic: I'm generally interested in _____.
2. AT WORK = You have done enough preliminary research to have a clear question--i.e., research question--about your topic that you want to investigate. = My question is ______?
3. GETTING SOMEWHERE = You have a hypothetical answer to your research question--a working thesis: I'm going to argue that ______.