5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- sondheim and happy endings
- Gregory Hines (Jelly's Last Jam)
- what influence of gilbert and sullivan is in "little priest"
- stephen schwartz
- greek theater influence
- a never wrote them
- b utilized song and dance to show the story. wanted to achieve a state of ecstasy to get closer to the gods
- c wanted to quit when african american writer and director, Wolfe, was hired to direct
- d wrote godspell and wicked
- e patter song
5 Multiple choice questions
- composed the score
- papp got them to fund a chorus line.
- tony nomination for In the Town. played in annie get your gun revival. played rose in gypsy
- book musicals and made shows more simple and "hummable"
- choreographer of oklahoma. fusion of ballet, folk dance, and broadway
5 True/False questions
matthew broderick → the producers
what does through composed mean in regards to sweeney todd → harold prince
spamalot → musical version of monty python and holy grail. song "always look on the bright side"
florenz ziegfeld → composer/lyricist. made theater safe for sex through clever lyrics. most often recorded composer for pop standards (written for a show and recorded by many performers)
who does todd kill before he is murdered → Larson