5 Written questions
3 Matching questions
- a Locusts are a kind of cicada that periodically form swarms that damage crops over a wide area. T/F
- b The South African government and the mine owners established a medical institute for the sole purpose of developing an effective vaccine against which of the following diseases?
e. None of the above.
- c A civil war between the Tamils and the Sinhalese erupted in Sri Lanka in 1983. T/F
5 Multiple choice questions
- The new world screwworm can be found throughout Central and South America. T/F
- Which of the following is NOT a symptom of scurvy.
a. Corkscrew hairs.
b. Bleeding gums.
c. Pasty tongue.
d. Extreme weight loss
e. Iron-deficiency anemia.
- Microcyclus ulei
- The 1793 yellow fever epidemic that struck Philadelphia originated in
5 True/False questions
Trypanosoma brucei → Tse tse fly
a. passive transmission → Which of the following persons died of malaria?
a. King Diata II, sultan of Mali
b. J. Gordon Edwards
c. King Tutankhamen
d. Juan Guiteras
e. Bob Marley
filariforms → Ancyclostoma duodenale
Swidden/slash-burn/milpa → Sickle cell anemia confers resistance to
a. yellow fever
b. Penicillin injections. → Yaws is easily treated by which of the following?
a. Vitamin C supplements.
b. Penicillin injections.
c. Draining swampy areas.
d. b & c above