5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- a. Pop increase, labor intensive agric., resource depletion, & human diseases.
- d. agriculture
- Trypanosoma cruzi
- a While on a tropical vacation in Central America, if a Dermatobia hominis lands on you, you should kill it because it could lay an egg on you resulting in an unintended souvenir - a case of myaiasis. T/F
- b The primary reason Brazil was unable to cultivate rubber was because of a plant pathogen. T/F
- c Which of the following best explains the great Mayan collapse?
a. Pop increase, labor intensive agric., resource depletion, & human diseases.
b. Pop increase, poor weather & plant diseases.
c. Poor agric. technology.
d. Pop increase & poor agric. technology.
- d Chagas disease
- e Which of the following is an ultimate factor that lead to the rise of civilization?
b. epidemic diseases
e. all of the above
f. none of the above
5 Multiple choice questions
- The South African government and the mine owners established a medical institute for the sole purpose of developing an effective vaccine against which of the following diseases?
e. None of the above.
- Yaws is easily treated by which of the following?
a. Vitamin C supplements.
b. Penicillin injections.
c. Draining swampy areas.
d. b & c above
- Which of the following has been caused by Plasmodium spp.?
b. mother of fevers
c. the ague
d. all of the above
e. none of the above
- ______ The doctrine that stated you couldn't set up a colony in name only. You had to colonize it, set up a government administration, and use it economically. If you didn't, then another country could takeover your claim to it.
5 True/False questions
False → Bovine pleuropneumonia is caused by Mycobacterium pneumoniae. T/F
Tamil → Hemileia vastatrix
True → Microcyclus ulei
False → Tamil Indians were brought to Ceylon by the French to harvest rubber in 1870. T/F
Winter bottoms → ________ was a U.S. Army physician who cleared Cuba of Yellow Fever.