5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- c. It is a general drag on the economies by increasing morbidity and mortality on the general work force.
- a. European imperialism in the late 19th century
- e. Microcyclus ulei
- a The product that actually is harvested from the rubber tree from which rubber is made is called ________________.
- b The pathogen that causes South American leaf blight is which of the following:
a. Hemileia vastatrix
b. Plasmodium vivax
c. Variola major
d. Escherichia coli
e. Microcyclus ulei
- c What is the major contemporary impact of Chagas Disease in the Americas?
a. It has caused a massive migration of people from rural areas to poverty-stricken urban areas.
b. It has caused political instability by reducing the agricultural labor force.
c. It is a general drag on the economies by increasing morbidity and mortality on the general work force.
d. All of the above
e. None of the above.
- d The first major outbreak of African sleeping sickness coincided with
a. European imperialism in the late 19th century
b. Portuguese slave raids in the 15th century
c. global warming
d. widespread use of DDT
e. all of the above
- e Locusts are a kind of cicada that periodically form swarms that damage crops over a wide area. T/F
5 Multiple choice questions
- John Dunlop invented the process of vulcanization. T/F
- Civilization developed in Africa and spread from there around the world. T/F
- The yellow fever epidemic that struck New Orleans and Memphis in 1878 contributed to the decision by the U.S. to invade Cuba in 1898. T/F
- The single most important factor contributing to tropical diseases of humans is ___________.
- The Latin name of the Para rubber tree is ______________.
5 True/False questions
c. It is a general drag on the economies by increasing morbidity and mortality on the general work force. → Why did the Black Bantu-speaking peoples of Africa become so widespread, and not the other peoples?
a. They had domesticated wild African game animals
b. Regional climate change
c. They were able to forge iron and steel
d. Military alliance with European powers
c. The Great Leap Forward → _________ are narrow strips of forests extending from near rivers out into the savannah and providing a corridor for tsetse flies
Trypanosoma brucei → Haemagogus
Winter bottoms → _______ is the inflamation and swelling of lymph nodes in the cervical chain caused by trypanosomes that was used by slave traders to recognize diseased individuals.
True → Hemileia vastatrix