5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- c. Barbados
- e. Microcyclus ulei
- mucocutaneous leishmaniasis
- a Pre-Incan pottery from Ecuador and Peru displayed depictions of skin lesions and facial deformities that are indicative of _____________.
- b The pathogen that causes South American leaf blight is which of the following:
a. Hemileia vastatrix
b. Plasmodium vivax
c. Variola major
d. Escherichia coli
e. Microcyclus ulei
- c Henry Wickham stole rubber seeds from Ceylon and shipped them to England. T/F
- d Epidemics of yellow fever and the revolution in Haiti contributed to the French abandoning or liquidating their assets in the New World including the Louisiana Territory. T/F
- e Through smallpox and European genocide, this island's indigenous people became extinct before the 16th century.
5 Multiple choice questions
- When a pathogen waits for one host to be eaten by the next host, it is called
a. passive transmission
b. active transmission
c. congenital transmission
d. anatomical modification
- Two-thirds of the world's cases of lymphatic filariasis occur in India and Africa. T/F
- The yellow fever epidemic that struck New Orleans and Memphis in 1878 contributed to the decision by the U.S. to invade Cuba in 1898. T/F
- Which of the following is an ultimate factor that lead to the rise of civilization?
b. epidemic diseases
e. all of the above
f. none of the above
- A consensus estimate of the number of Amerindians in the New World at the time of first contact with Europeans is approximately
5 True/False questions
Tea and rubber → Coffee was replaced as a major crop in Ceylon by ________ and _________.
c. It is a general drag on the economies by increasing morbidity and mortality on the general work force. → What is the major contemporary impact of Leishmaniasis in Afghanistan, Algeria, Brazil, Iran, Peru, Saudi Arabia and Sudan?
a. It has caused a massive migration of people from rural areas to poverty-stricken urban areas.
b. It has caused political instability by reducing the agricultural labor force.
c. It is a general drag on the economies by increasing morbidity and mortality on the general work force.
d. All of the above
e. None of the above.
filariforms → Ancyclostoma duodenale
Plasmodium falciparum → Schistosomiasis
arbovirus → DDT is the most cost-effective and environmentally benign tool in malaria control. T/F