5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Plasmodium falciparum
- a Yellow fever
- b The depopulation of the new world by smallpox contributed to the development of the transatlantic slave trade. T/F
- c type of agriculture that involves cropping a field for 2-3 years followed by fallow for 5-15 years is called _________
- d Anopheles
- e The fungus that causes leaf rust of coffee produces this type of infectious spore _____________.
5 Multiple choice questions
- Coffee was replaced as a major crop in Ceylon by ________ and _________.
- Tamil Indians were brought to Ceylon by the French to harvest rubber in 1870. T/F
- What is the major contemporary impact of Leishmaniasis in Afghanistan, Algeria, Brazil, Iran, Peru, Saudi Arabia and Sudan?
a. It has caused a massive migration of people from rural areas to poverty-stricken urban areas.
b. It has caused political instability by reducing the agricultural labor force.
c. It is a general drag on the economies by increasing morbidity and mortality on the general work force.
d. All of the above
e. None of the above.
- In contrast to long distance trade in Europe, such trade in sub-Saharan Africa prior to European intrusion
a. relied on camel caravans
b. used waterways exclusively
c. did not exist
d. operated on a system of relays
5 True/False questions
d. agriculture → The 1793 yellow fever epidemic that struck Philadelphia originated in
d. malaria → The 1793 yellow fever epidemic that struck Philadelphia originated in
f. c and d only → The 1793 yellow fever epidemic that struck Philadelphia originated in
Cattle plague → __________ are people who began to migrate out of W. Central Africa about 3000 BCE southward and eastward to subsume almost all other African peoples.
True → The new world screwworm can be found throughout Central and South America. T/F