5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- c. It is a general drag on the economies by increasing morbidity and mortality on the general work force.
- Hevea brasiliensis
- a The Latin name of the Para rubber tree is ______________.
- b The single most important factor contributing to tropical diseases of humans is ___________.
- c Treponema pertenue
- d ________ was the Brazilian policy that lead to the abolition of slavery in that country.
- e What is the major contemporary impact of Leishmaniasis in Afghanistan, Algeria, Brazil, Iran, Peru, Saudi Arabia and Sudan?
a. It has caused a massive migration of people from rural areas to poverty-stricken urban areas.
b. It has caused political instability by reducing the agricultural labor force.
c. It is a general drag on the economies by increasing morbidity and mortality on the general work force.
d. All of the above
e. None of the above.
5 Multiple choice questions
- The policy of "Whitening" in 19th century Brazil was compatible with the "Yellow Fever Construct." T/F
- Chaga's disease
- type of agriculture that involves cropping a field for 2-3 years followed by fallow for 5-15 years is called _________
- The infestation of live vertebrate animals with Diptera (fly) larvae is called _______________.
- 16. Most fly larvae that consume vertebrate tissue feed upon dead tissues, but ______________ feed on living tissue around wounds.
5 True/False questions
Gregarious/migratory → ______ is the name of the phase of desert locust that forms swarms and damages crops.
pork tapeworm → Inadvertently consuming the cysts of Taenia solium can result in a condition known as __________________.
False → Microcyclus ulei
False → The first recorded cases of yellow fever and malaria in the Caribbean date from the 16th century. T/F
a. passive transmission → By 1000 AD powerful empires had formed in which regions of the New World?
c. Mexico and Peru
d. northeastern North America
e. Mexico, Peru, and northeastern North America
f. Central America