5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- d. all of the above
- mucocutaneous leishmaniasis
- a. Namibia, Botswana, Zimbabwe, Mozambique, Swaziland.
- a Pre-Incan pottery from Ecuador and Peru displayed depictions of skin lesions and facial deformities that are indicative of _____________.
- b South Africa is surrounded by the nations of:
a. Namibia, Botswana, Zimbabwe, Mozambique, Swaziland.
b. Namibia, Lesotho, 'Zimbabwe, Swaziland
c. Rhodesia, Zimbabwe, Botswana
d. Egypt, Madagascar, Brazil, and India
e. Bophutatswana, Botswana, Mozambique, Zimbabwe
- c Microcyclus ulei
- d Malaria has a negative effect on the economies of sub-Saharan countries by
a. discouraging tourism
b. discouraging foreign investment
c. increasing health care costs
d. all of the above
e. none of the above
- e Civilization developed in Africa and spread from there around the world. T/F
5 Multiple choice questions
- By 1000 AD powerful empires had formed in which regions of the New World?
c. Mexico and Peru
d. northeastern North America
e. Mexico, Peru, and northeastern North America
f. Central America
- A consensus estimate of the number of Amerindians in the New World at the time of first contact with Europeans is approximately
- 16. Most fly larvae that consume vertebrate tissue feed upon dead tissues, but ______________ feed on living tissue around wounds.
- Which of the following helped to minimize sleeping sickness in early African civilizations?
a. natural immunity
b. insecticidal control of the vector
c. avoidance of disease-prone village sites
d. clearing vegetation around villages
e. all of the above
f. c and d only
5 True/False questions
False → Treponema pertenue
False → While on a tropical vacation in Central America, if a Dermatobia hominis lands on you, you should kill it because it could lay an egg on you resulting in an unintended souvenir - a case of myaiasis. T/F
a. crowd diseases → Pathogens that spread quickly & efficiently, cause acute rather than chronic illnesses, induce immunity and require a pop of sufficient density are characteristics of what kind of diseases?
a. crowd diseases
b. non-crowd diseases
c. chronic diseases
d. acute diseases
e. all bacterial diseases
f. epizootic diseases
b. Alleviate the conditions of poverty (i.e. overcrowding, impoverishment, inadequate dwellings, and proper sanitation). → The most effective way to prevent tuberculosis is which of the following?
b. Alleviate the conditions of poverty (i.e. overcrowding, impoverishment, inadequate dwellings, and proper sanitation).
c. Prophylactic drug treatment.
d. All of the above.
False → Tamil Indians were brought to Ceylon by the French to harvest rubber in 1870. T/F