5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Natural Resources
- Declining-balance method
- Ordinary repairs
- a Exclusive grant from the federal government that allows the owner to reproduce and sell an artistic or published work
- b Assets that consist of standing timber and underground deposits of oil,gas, or minerals
- c Expenditures to maintain the operating efficiency and productive life of a unit.
- d Depreciation method that applies a constant rate to the declining book value of the asset and produces a decreasing annual depreciation expense over the useful life of the asset
- e Operating rights to use public property, granted to a business enterprise by a governmental agency.
5 Multiple choice questions
- A word,phrase,jingle, or symbol that identifies a particular enterprise or product.
- Rights, priviliages, and competitive advantages that result from the ownership of long-lived assets that do not possess physical substance
- An estimate of an asset's value at the end of its useful life
- A measure of how efficienly a company uses its assets to generate sales; calculated as net sales divided by average total assets
- Expenditures that increase a company's investment in productive facilities.
5 True/False questions
Accelerated-depreciation method → Depreciation method that produces higher depreciation expense in the early years rather than in the later years
Goodwill → Exclusive grant from the federal government that allows the owner to reproduce and sell an artistic or published work
Patent → An exclusive right issued by the U.S Patent Office that enables the recipient to manufacture, sell, or otherwise control an invention for a period of 20 years from the date of the grant.
Franchise → A word,phrase,jingle, or symbol that identifies a particular enterprise or product.
Depreciable cost → The cost of a plant asset minus salvage value