Upgrade to remove ads
Unit 1 Congress of Vienna - Latin America
Terms in this set (25)
Congress of Vienna
A series of meetings in 1814-1815,during which the european leaders sought defeat to Napoleon.
Kiemens von Metternich
- Foreign minister of Austria
- One of the "five great powers" -at the Congress of Vienna
Balance of Power
a political situation in which no one nation is powerful enough to pose a threat to others.
A hereditary right of a monarch to rule.
- In the first half of the 19th century, a European usually a wealthy landowner or noble
- who wanted to preserve the traditional monarchies of europe
- In the first half of the 19th century, usually a middle-class business leader or merchant
- Who wanted to give more political power to elected parliaments
- Teachers, Lawyer, Business people
- In the first half of the 19th century, a european
- Who favored drastic change to extend democracy to all people
The belief that people should be loyal mainly to their nation that is, to the people with whom they share than to a king or empire.
An independent geopolitical unit of people having a common culture and identity.
- Czar Nicholas I's son
- He decided to move Russia toward modernization and social change
- He and his advisors believed this would aid Russia in competing to be a world power
In Spanish colonial society, colonists who were born in spain.
In Spanish a colonial society, a colonist who was born in Latin America to Spanish parents.
A person of mixed African and European ancestry.
- Brilliant Creole General, a wealthy Venezuelan creole
- Visionary, writer, and a fighter
Jose de San Martin
- Brilliant Creole General
- Great liberator
- From Argentina
A priest in the small village of dolores, took the first step toward independence.
A military dictator in Latin America.
Camillo di Cavour
Sardinia's king, Victor Emmanuel II, named Count Camillo di Cavour as his Prime minister
- "Italian Nationalist" and visionary soldier, he led an army and captured Sicily
- He always wore bright red shirts as did his followers and they became known as the "Red Shirts"
A German nobleman or aristocrat, especially a member of the Prussian aristocracy.
Otto von Bismarck
- A conservative Junker chose by Wilhelm I to be his prime minister
- Becomes one of the commanding figures of german history
- "the politics of reality"
- the practice of tough power politics without room for idealism
a German emperor (from the Roman Caesar)
The process of forcing Russian culture on all ethnic groups in the Russian Empire.
The joining together of people with common culture, language, and ancestry to form a country.
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE...
General Global II - Chapter 8 - Nationalist Revolu…
Modern World History chapter 8
Modern World History: Patterns of Interactions Cha…
History Chapter 24
OTHER SETS BY THIS CREATOR
The Industrial Revolution
Spanish Adjective Noun Agreement