5 Written questions
5 Multiple choice questions
- for a data set consists of the minimum value in the data set
Min, the first quartile Q1, the median M = Q2, the third quartile Q3, and the maximum value Max.
- is an alternative to a census, in which data is collected from only some members of the population.
- is a sampling technique in which every member of the population should have the same (random) chance of being in the sample as any other member of the
- is a possible contributing cause in a clinical study or trial that
could produce the same effect as the variable under investigation. A good clinical study or trial attempts to eliminate confounding variables using a control group.
- is an extreme data point that does not t into the overall pattern of the rest of the data.
5 True/False questions
quantitative variable → is a variable which represents a measurable quantity,
one which can be represented by a number.
mean → of a quantitative data set is a summary of the center of the data set.
It is computed by adding the data elements together and dividing by N, the number of
Q1 → 25/100 * N
interquartile range → Max-min
range → Max-min