5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Joseph Stalin
- Selective Training and service Act
- Manhattan Project
- Island Hopping
- a strategy of Allies in WWII of capturing some Japanese-held islands and going around others
- b code name for the secret United States project set up in 1942 to develop atomic bombs for use in World War II
- c totalitarian dictator of the Soviet Union
- d a limited portion or allowance of food or goods; limitation of use
- e First peacetime military draft, 16 million men (21-35) were registered, 1 million drafted for one year- only to serve in the western hemishpere.
5 Multiple choice questions
- American General who began in North Africa and became the Commander of Allied forces in Europe.
- Book written by Adolf Hitler outlining his ideas about Nazism that became the plan of action for the Nazi Party.
- United States general who unleashed a massive air and land bombardment in the Allied victory in World War II (1893-1981)
- Satisfying the demands of dissatisfied powers in an effort to maintain peace and stability.
- Britain's new prime minister during WWII who pleaded for US aid and who viewed the signing of the Munich Agreement as appeasement.
5 True/False questions
The Atlantic Charter → A declaration of the right to freedom of trade
Doolittle's Raid → the name of the FIRST atomic bomb, dropped on Hiroshima
J. Robert oppenheimer → American General who began in North Africa and became the Commander of Allied forces in Europe.
Nazism → The doctrines of nationalism, racial purity, anti-Communism, and the all-powerful role of the State. The National Socialist German Workers Party, otherwise known as the Nazi Party. Nazism was advocated by Adolf Hitler in Germany.
V-J Day → "Victory over Japan day" is the celebration of the Surrender of Japan, September 2, 1945