5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Operation Overlord
- Lend Lease Act
- Doolittle's Raid
- Adolf Hitler
- a bombing of Tokyo and other Japanese cities; following the attack on Pearl. Raised American morale
- b The code name for the beginning plans of D-day and the invasion of France's coast
- c Approve by Congress in March 1941; The act allowed America to sell, lend or lease arms or other supplies to nations considered "vital to the defense of the United States."
- d totalitarian dictator of Germany, head of the Nazi Party. Fascist leader.
- e Satisfying the demands of dissatisfied powers in an effort to maintain peace and stability.
5 Multiple choice questions
- Last island to be taken in the Island Hopping before the invasion of Japan.
- WAAC: May 15, 1942 women volunteers could serve in noncombatant positions; nurses, ambulance drivers, radio operators, electricians
- a 1942-1943 battle of World War II, in which German forces were defeated in their attempt to capture the city of Stalingrad in the Soviet Union thanks to harsh winter -turning point of war in Eastern Europe
- a limited portion or allowance of food or goods; limitation of use
- City in Japan, the first to be destroyed by an atomic bomb, on August 6, 1945. The bombing hastened the end of World War II.
5 True/False questions
Pearl Harbor → United States military base on Hawaii that was bombed by Japan, bringing the United States into World War II. Pearl Harbor was attacked on December 7, 1941.
Bennito Mussolini → totalitarian dictator of Italy
V-J Day → "Victory over Japan day" is the celebration of the Surrender of Japan, September 2, 1945
Winston Churchill → strategy of Allies in WWII of capturing some Japanese-held islands and going around others
George Patton → American General who led the Third Army to liberate Paris