Study sets, textbooks, questions
Upgrade to remove ads
Terms in this set (25)
Physical dimension of health
- protective equipment
- illness prevention
Spiritual dimension of health
- sense of meaning
- helping others
What are the 3 leading factors of cardiovascular disease?
What are the three types of influences that shape behavior?
what is the difference between a stroke and a heart attack?
- stroke: when a blood vessel is clogged by the brain allowing the brain to not receive oxygen.
- heart attack: When a blood vessel is clogged near the heart and allows a part of the heart to die because of the blockage of circulation.
Whether a person lacks motivation totally or whether they're externally or internally motivated
How is precontemplation different from contemplation?
- precontemplation: before you make a change
- contemplation: hesitation on whether or not to make a change
What is the difference between self efficacy and locus of control?
- Self efficacy: your ability to change or reach goal
- Locus of control: you're in control of overcoming an obstacle
What are the fundamental behaviors of mental health?
- Regular exercise
- Stress regulation
What are at least three of the characteristics of mentally healthy men and women?
- Establishing and maintaining healthy relationships
- Feeling purpose
- Accepting limitations
What is the difference between conscientiousness and extraversion?
- Conscientiousness: delay immediate reward for long term benefits
- Extraversion: more outgoing and don't think before making decision for immediate reward
Why is it important to develop autonomy?
Helps you become independent and stay true to yourself, your beliefs, and your morals
What is anorexia athletica?
Over Exercise to lose and maintain low body weight and don't eat enough
What happens when you diet only and do not exercise?
lose lean body mass
contributes to weight gain and interferes with the ability to lose weight
Is the amount of exercise needed to lose weight the same as the amount needed to improve fitness? Explain.
No you need 30-60 minutes everyday to lose weight and 30-40 minutes and 5 days a week to maintain
Should all obese people follow the same or similar weight loss program? Why or why not?
no everyone is different and has different goals and needs.
What are some other tips to remember when trying to lose or maintain weight?
- Don't overwork yourself
- Don't get frustrated
- Set smart goals
- Keep food diary
What is the difference between physical activity and exercise?
- Physical activity: is everyday movement
- Exercise: planned and repetitive with goal of improving fitness and losing weight
What are at least three short-term and three long-term benefits of exercise?
- Better sleep
- Lowers bp
- Lowers stress
- Strengthens muscles
- Helps immunity
- Better quality of life
What are at least three consequences and three solutions of Sedentary Death Syndrome?
- Take breaks
- Limit sitting time
- Regular exercise routine
is the single most important component of health related physical fitness
What is the definition of cardiorespiratory endurance?
The ability of the heart, lungs and blood vessels to deliver oxygen and blood
What are at least three benefits of aerobic training?
- improves circulatory system
- faster recovery time
- delayed fatigue
What does each letter in FITT stand for?
Sets with similar terms
Health and Wellness Final Chapters 1-3
ECU KINE 1000 Test #1
Chapter 15-Health Enhancing Behaviors
EXS180 Exam 1
Other sets by this creator
Biology final exam review Shreya
Exam 1 Bio
Western Civ Final
Spanish test 3
Other Quizlet sets
Microbiology Exam #3
CompTIA Security+ SY0-601 - 2.3 Nyberg
Pharm Exam 3 Part 2