5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- malediction (n)
- benediction (n)
- a Children are _____ on their parents for guidance and direction.
- b A wrecking crew is ____ the old buidling.
- c With her dying breathe the witch pronounced a ________ on the old man wishing him evil.
- d The priest began the mass with a _____ of all the peopl present.
- e For being absent without leave the corporal was ______ to a private.
5 Multiple choice questions
- Two news photographers were attacked and their camera destroyed by the mob. It is a disgrace that they were so ______.
- The ______ rooming old house was once a flourishing hotel .
- The lack of fresh fruits and vegatbales casues ______.
- After 9/11 most Americans _______ Bin Laden.
- The Eskimo is at home in an Atic, but I would probably be ______ in that environment.
5 True/False questions
Devour → The boy was so hungry he ______ the steak.
benefactor → Edgar Allen Poe is said to have been carzy and _______.
malefactor (n) → With her dying breathe the witch pronounced a ________ on the old man wishing him evil.
depreciate → New cars _____ rapildy therefore ti is often better to buy a used car.
The Store Manager would feel you _____ him if you called himca clerk.
malevolent → As she cast her _______ gaze upon me I could feel my sudden face turning red with fear.