5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- a Adrenal Cortex:
Regulates carb, fat, protien metabolism. Anti-Inflammatory.
- b Human chorionic gonadotropin--Placenta:
Stimulates the secretion of the hormones required to maintain pregnancy
- c Melanocyte-stimulating hormone--Pituitary Gland:
Increases the production of melanin in melanocytes of the skin
- d Thyroid-stimulating hormone--Pituitary Gland:
Stimulates the secretion of hormones by the thyroid gland.
- e Aldosterone Androgens--Adrenal cortex & Gonads:
Regulates salt and H20 levels. Influence sex-related characteristics.
5 Multiple choice questions
- Oxytocin--Pituitary Gland:
Stimulates contractions during childbirth and lactation after childbirth.
- Antidiuretic hormone--Secreted by: Hypothalamus, Stored and Released by: Pituitary Gland:
Control blood pressure by reducing H20 excretion.
- Follicle-stimulating hormone--Pituitary Gland:
Female: Stimulates estrogen secretion/ova growth
Male: Stimulates sperm production
- Glucagon--Pancreatic islets (ALPHA cells):
Increases the level of glucose in the bloodstream
- Lactogenic hormone--Pituitary Gland:
Stimulates and maintains the secretion of breast milk
5 True/False questions
E → Lutenizing hormone--Pituitary Gland:
Female: stimulates ovulation
Male: stimulates testosterone secretion
Norepinephrine → Adrenal Medulla:
Stimulates the sympathetic nervous system
ACTH → Adrenocorticotropic hormone--Pituitary Gland:
Stimulates the growth and secretions of the adrenal cortex
Thymosin → Thymus:
Plays an important role in the immune system
CAL → Calcitonin--Thyroid Gland
Regulates blood/tissue calcium levels.