5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- a Ovaries:
completes preparation of the uterus for possible pregnancy.
- b Lutenizing hormone--Pituitary Gland:
Female: stimulates ovulation
Male: stimulates testosterone secretion
- c Calcitonin--Thyroid Gland
Regulates blood/tissue calcium levels.
- d Adrenal Cortex:
Regulates carb, fat, protien metabolism. Anti-Inflammatory.
- e Adrenocorticotropic hormone--Pituitary Gland:
Stimulates the growth and secretions of the adrenal cortex
5 Multiple choice questions
- Growth hormone--Pituitary Gland:
Regulates bone/muscle/tissue growth
Plays an important role in the immune system
- Melanocyte-stimulating hormone--Pituitary Gland:
Increases the production of melanin in melanocytes of the skin
- Antidiuretic hormone--Secreted by: Hypothalamus, Stored and Released by: Pituitary Gland:
Control blood pressure by reducing H20 excretion.
- Thyroid-stimulating hormone--Pituitary Gland:
Stimulates the secretion of hormones by the thyroid gland.
5 True/False questions
FSH → Follicle-stimulating hormone--Pituitary Gland:
Female: Stimulates estrogen secretion/ova growth
Male: Stimulates sperm production
Norepinephrine → Adrenal Medulla:
Stimulates the sympathetic nervous system
OXT → Oxytocin--Pituitary Gland:
Stimulates contractions during childbirth and lactation after childbirth.
Insulin → Pancreatic Islets (BETA cells):
Regulates transport and storage of blood sugar
Melatonin → Pineal Gland:
Influences the sleep-wakefulness cycles