Create an account
Skills Tests for Accuracy
- Involve kicking, throwing, or striking an object toward a goal.
- Activities include volleyball serves, basketball free throws, badminton short serves, and basketball passing (e.g. AAHPERD Basketball Passing Test for Accuracy).
Skills Tests for Total Bodily Movement
Requires performing a test coarse with movements similar to the sport (e.g. AAHPERD Basketball Control Test).
Wall Volley Test
Measures the number of consecutive successful time/trials to pass, kick, throw, or strike an object at a wall in a given time (e.g. AAHPERD Basketball Passing Test).
Skills Tests for Power or Distance
Involve kicks, throws, or strokes to measure the ability to kick, throw, or strike an object (e.g. Badminton Drive for Distance, Cornish Handball Power Test).
- Instructors create a numerical scale from one to five and rank performance based on specific, observable movements.
- An example is evaluating the use of space, use of focus, and variety of movements in a creative movement class.
Score improvements (e.g. archery, badminton) and charting (e.g. basketball shots missed).
Skill Test Administration
- Instructors can administer skills tests for specific sports in one of two ways.
- First, rate individual performance based on a specified number of trials.
- Alternatively, evaluate skills using norm-referenced scales for a specific grade level.
- Two problems with skill tests are that they take too much time to administer and the reliability is suspect.
Please allow access to your computer’s microphone to use Voice Recording.
Having trouble? Click here for help.
We can’t access your microphone!
Click the icon above to update your browser permissions and try again
Reload the page to try again!Reload
Press Cmd-0 to reset your zoom
Press Ctrl-0 to reset your zoom
It looks like your browser might be zoomed in or out. Your browser needs to be zoomed to a normal size to record audio.
Please upgrade Flash or install Chrome
to use Voice Recording.
For more help, see our troubleshooting page.
Your microphone is muted
For help fixing this issue, see this FAQ.
Star this term
You can study starred terms together