5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- physical and mental
- appeal to tradition and nostalgia
- facial expression
- opposed audience
- a the manufacturer says to the consumer, "we have made the best product for over one hundred years." "Cookies like Grandma use to make."
- b two barriers to listening
- c hardest audience to convince
- d an appeal based on credibility of authority or speaker
- e smiling/frowning
5 Multiple choice questions
- looking in the eyes of another person
- the person who has a message to communicate
- nodding for "yes"
- general statement to examples
- meaning suggested by the word
5 True/False questions
affirmative → "for" the proposition
sex appeal → the use of appearance, style or charm to sell a product
ex: pretty girl in a car commercial
loaded words → reverse snob appeal. "Good ol' boys like us believe in plain, good quality items."
interference → the person who has a message to communicate
verbal communication → does not use language (spoken or written)