5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Diffuse Lymphatic Tissue
- Splenic Cords
- Tubal Tonsils
- a scattered reticular tissue elements and associated lymphocytes; found in about every organ but especially in mucous membrane lining the respiratory and digestive tracts
- b a condition in which the limbs become extremely swollen and the skin hardens and thickens, happens when a large amount of filarial worms block lymphatic vessels
- c network of reticular cells which produce reticular fibers; spaces between fibers are occuplied by macrophages and blood cells that have come from the capillaries
- d the tissue forming the outer layer of an organ or structure in plant or animal
- e These are a pair of lymphoid organs which lie just behind the openings of the pharyngotympanic tubes into the pharynx; they 'are hidden'
5 Multiple choice questions
- a vestigial process that extends from the lower end of the cecum and that resembles a small pouch
- Vessels that bring lymph draining from connective tissue into a lymph node en route to the blood.
- An important component of the immune system, mainly because 1) houses and provides a proliferation site for lymphocytes and 2) furnishes an ideal surveillence vantage point for lymphocytes and macrophages.
- swelling (usually in the legs) caused by lymph accumulating in the tissues
- This is the milky white lymph drained from intestine through lacteals.
5 True/False questions
Medulla → consists of reticular cells and fibers(cords of Billroth), surrounds the splenic sinuses
Lymphoma → a neoplasm (tumor) of lymph tissue that is usually malignant
Efferent Lymphatic Vessels → receives lymph from the right upper part of the body
Hassall's Corpuscles → Lymphoid follicles situated along the wall of the small intestine that trap antigens from the gastrointestinal tract and provide sites where B and T cells can interact with antigen
Medullary Cords → the inner part of an organ or structure in plant or animal