5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- What were the names of the two companies that built the transcontinental railroad?
- Who invented the telegraph?
- Who made the first successful steamboat?
- What was the mail route from Missouri to California called?
- Garrett Morgan
- a Robert Fulton
- b pony express
- c The Union Pacific and the Central Pacific Company
- d Samuel Morse
- e invented a traffic signal with colored lights
5 Multiple choice questions
- invented the mechanical reaper
- Orville Wright
- born a slave but became a famous scientist who worked with plants
- Morse Code
- Homestead Act
5 True/False questions
Booker T. Washington → born a slave but became a famous scientist who worked with plants
Promontory Point, Utah → where the two tracks of the transcontinental railroad met
What are 2 changes brought about by the transcontinental railroad? → helped to settle the West, East was brought closer to the West
Rhode Island → first missionary to a foreign country
Henry Ford → Albany