Create an account
1. can change from one state of matter to another at the temperatures and pressures experienced at Earth's surface
relative humidity 1
1. the ratio of air's water-vapor content to its capacity to hold water vapor at the same temperature
relative humidity 3
3. when 2 temperatures read nearly the same on a psychrometer, the air will have a high relative humidity
relative humidity 4
4. if the water-vapor content of air remains constant, lowering air temperature will cause an increase in relative humidity
relative humidity 5
5. if the water-vapor content of air remains constant, raising air temperature will cause a decrease in relative humidity
processes that lift air
orographic lifting, frontal wedging, convergence, localized convective lifting
occurs when elevated terrains act as barriers to air flow; associated with mountains
Please allow access to your computer’s microphone to use Voice Recording.
Having trouble? Click here for help.
We can’t access your microphone!
Click the icon above to update your browser permissions and try again
Reload the page to try again!Reload
Press Cmd-0 to reset your zoom
Press Ctrl-0 to reset your zoom
It looks like your browser might be zoomed in or out. Your browser needs to be zoomed to a normal size to record audio.
Please upgrade Flash or install Chrome
to use Voice Recording.
For more help, see our troubleshooting page.
Your microphone is muted
For help fixing this issue, see this FAQ.
Star this term
You can study starred terms together