5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Trench Foot
- Vittorio Orlando
- No Man's Land
- David Lloyd George
- a Enlgand's representative. Publicly he wanted Germany destroyed for what they had done in the war, but privately he did not want to completely strip Germany of all of its power due to his fear of the spread of communism. He felt that Germany should still be strong enough to be able to resist the spread of communism from Russia.
- b the land between trenches.
- c He was the Italian representative at the Paris Peace Conference in 1919. He pushed for a revenge-based treaty at Versailles, hampering the 14 points.
- d a city in Meuse in north-eastern france....where the battle of Verdun took place.
- e a disease that was common in the trenches. This is caused by wet feet (not changing socks). Was a large cause of death in WW1.
5 Multiple choice questions
- took place at the Somme river. It was an offensive of the Brits and Franks upon the German armies. By the end of the battle in 1916 it was one of the bloodiest battles of all history due to the 1.5 mil casualties.
- in the Tsar's family. The youngest daughter of Tsar Nicholas.
- was a battle tactically won by France because the French did not allow Germany to capture Verdun or inflict higher causalities up on the French, however many French died in the battle and it ended up being very costly for both sides. Over 300,000 died in this battle. Another stalemate type battle due to trenches.
- U.S president at the Peace Treaty of 1919. He created the 14 points which were designed to keep militarism in Europe to a minimum, open trade routes in Europe, keep peace in Europe (no secret alliances) and overall make it where Europe could function economically very strongly, without creating feud's.
- a unofficial secret Serbian military group that was opposed to Austria-Hungary. Nationalism played a part in creating this group due to their "patriotism."
5 True/False questions
Blockade → a unofficial secret Serbian military group that was opposed to Austria-Hungary. Nationalism played a part in creating this group due to their "patriotism."
Imperialism → A policy in which a strong nation seeks to dominate other countries poitically, socially, and economically.
Gavarillo Princip → a brit and french offensive against the ottoman empire on the Gallipoli peninsula. The offensive was designed to capture the Ottoman capital, Constantinople, however it failed and ended up causing high casualties on both sides.
Bolsheviks → a group of "revolutionaries" that are under Lenin. They eventually become the high class of Russia.
Leon Trotsky → is one of the leaders of the revolution. He is more idealistic. He finds the perfection in things and appeals more to the people due to this.