5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Triple Alliance
- Central Powers
- a France, Britain, and Russia are the main central powers.
- b Germany, Austro-Hungary, Italy sort of, and the Ottoman Empire.
- c submarine
- d the general public in Russia
- e river in France, The battle of the Marne is a massive stalemate between France and Germany. One of the main battles that decided Germany's downfall.
5 Multiple choice questions
- leader in Russia before the revolution. Very disconnected from his people. Known as Bloody Nicholas for the Khodynka Tragedy (1,000 people died after a celebration,) Bloody Sunday (workers marching to present a petition to Nicholas were gunned down...1,00 fatalities estimated,) and anti-emetic pogroms.
- trench warfare and the advancement of technology
- Martov, who was in league with Lenin had a dispute with lenin, and due to that formed the Mensheviks who became a minority, and broke off from the Bolsheviks.
- the heir to Austria -Hungary. His murder kicks off the war.
- A policy in which a strong nation seeks to dominate other countries poitically, socially, and economically.
5 True/False questions
Alexander Kerensky → was a major political power before and during the Russian Revolution. He was the second prime minister of the Russian Provisional government until Lenin was elected.
Alsace-Lorraine → a unofficial secret Serbian military group that was opposed to Austria-Hungary. Nationalism played a part in creating this group due to their "patriotism."
Schlieffen Plan → Germany's military plan at the outbreak of World War I, according to which German troops would rapidly defeat France and then move east to attack Russia.
Battle of Tannenberg → a battle in the beginning of WWI between Germany and Russia. Russia's second army was almost completely obliterated along with its first. It really took place in Allenstein, although due to German ideology about the Teutonic Knights being defeated, and now this is a comeback.
Verdun → river in France, The battle of the Marne is a massive stalemate between France and Germany. One of the main battles that decided Germany's downfall.