5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Schlieffen Plan
- Woodrow Wilson
- Alexander Kerensky
- Total War
- a Germany's military plan at the outbreak of World War I, according to which German troops would rapidly defeat France and then move east to attack Russia.
- b was a major political power before and during the Russian Revolution. He was the second prime minister of the Russian Provisional government until Lenin was elected.
- c a strong buildup of the military.
- d U.S president at the Peace Treaty of 1919. He created the 14 points which were designed to keep militarism in Europe to a minimum, open trade routes in Europe, keep peace in Europe (no secret alliances) and overall make it where Europe could function economically very strongly, without creating feud's.
- e where all of the country is invested in warfare...its economy, politics, citizens on the home front, food, general supplies, any company, and whatever a country can produce goes towards war.
5 Multiple choice questions
- the general public in Russia
- a city in Meuse in north-eastern france....where the battle of Verdun took place.
- Enlgand's representative. Publicly he wanted Germany destroyed for what they had done in the war, but privately he did not want to completely strip Germany of all of its power due to his fear of the spread of communism. He felt that Germany should still be strong enough to be able to resist the spread of communism from Russia.
- a disease that was common in the trenches. This is caused by wet feet (not changing socks). Was a large cause of death in WW1.
5 True/False questions
Battle of Somme → took place at the Somme river. It was an offensive of the Brits and Franks upon the German armies. By the end of the battle in 1916 it was one of the bloodiest battles of all history due to the 1.5 mil casualties.
Bolsheviks → a group of "revolutionaries" that are under Lenin. They eventually become the high class of Russia.
Georges Clemenceau → France's representative, he wanted to see Germany crushed, and wanted all of Germany to crumble due to what they had done during WWI.
Vladimir Lenin → Leads the Bolsheviks during the revolution. Very idealistic, not really very communist because he finds that the proletariat are not ready to take up power and therefore he shall lead. The problem is, he and the Bolsheviks are a lil greedy.
Gallipoli → a brit and french offensive against the ottoman empire on the Gallipoli peninsula. The offensive was designed to capture the Ottoman capital, Constantinople, however it failed and ended up causing high casualties on both sides.