5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Schlieffen Plan
- Armenian Genocide
- Central Powers
- a Germany's military plan at the outbreak of World War I, according to which German troops would rapidly defeat France and then move east to attack Russia.
- b the doctrine that your national culture and interests are superior to any other
- c France, Britain, and Russia are the main central powers.
- d a brit and french offensive against the ottoman empire on the Gallipoli peninsula. The offensive was designed to capture the Ottoman capital, Constantinople, however it failed and ended up causing high casualties on both sides.
- e basically the holocaust of the Armenian people in the Ottoman Empire. Approx. 1.5 mil to 2 mil Armenians were exterminated during the Genocide. Took place during the beginning of WW1.
5 Multiple choice questions
- homefront, soldiers, how it changes from the beggining of the war till the end (it'll only take six weeks, come fight for your country and live to be 90...your country need you if your really ______ then you will fight."
- Was the leader of Germany and Prussia at the time of WWI. He often made decisions on his own and allowed his generals to make decisions. He felt threatened by France after asking them not to attack. Due to being threatened he then joined the war, and when Germany lost he was exiled.
- Enlgand's representative. Publicly he wanted Germany destroyed for what they had done in the war, but privately he did not want to completely strip Germany of all of its power due to his fear of the spread of communism. He felt that Germany should still be strong enough to be able to resist the spread of communism from Russia.
- trench warfare and the advancement of technology
- Germany, Austro-Hungary, Italy sort of, and the Ottoman Empire.
5 True/False questions
Mensheviks → Martov, who was in league with Lenin had a dispute with lenin, and due to that formed the Mensheviks who became a minority, and broke off from the Bolsheviks.
U-Boat → submarine
Gavarillo Princip → assassinated Franz. He was a member of the black hand and did not like the Austro-Hungarians coming into his country.He was 19 at the time. Austria-Hungary blamed Serbia for Franz's death and this kicked off WWI.
Total War → A technology that was created in WWI. It suffocated those who breathed it. Very deadly and caused mass death throughout Europe. Originally used by the Germans.
Verdun → a city in Meuse in north-eastern france....where the battle of Verdun took place.