5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Treaty of Versailles
- No Man's Land
- League of Nations
- a usually a buildup of naval forces to block, ships, troops, supplies, etc. from moving on the sea.
- b a treaty created to end the war (after the armistice). It includes parts of the 14 points, and generally is made to make Germany pay war reparations, say the war was their fault, and overall limit the Entente. Austro-Hungary, and the Ottoman Empire are split up.
- c in the Tsar's family. The youngest daughter of Tsar Nicholas.
- d a league where the nations of Europe, their colonies, etc. meet to discuss problems between their country, and overall to keep peace in Europe.
- e the land between trenches.
5 Multiple choice questions
- Was the leader of Germany and Prussia at the time of WWI. He often made decisions on his own and allowed his generals to make decisions. He felt threatened by France after asking them not to attack. Due to being threatened he then joined the war, and when Germany lost he was exiled.
- a unofficial secret Serbian military group that was opposed to Austria-Hungary. Nationalism played a part in creating this group due to their "patriotism."
- its significance is it is a piece of land between France and Germany that has been fought over for a very long time. it has kept switching between German and French control.
- a group of "revolutionaries" that are under Lenin. They eventually become the high class of Russia.
- France, Britain, and Russia are the main central powers.
5 True/False questions
Gallipoli → a brit and french offensive against the ottoman empire on the Gallipoli peninsula. The offensive was designed to capture the Ottoman capital, Constantinople, however it failed and ended up causing high casualties on both sides.
Trench Foot → Martov, who was in league with Lenin had a dispute with lenin, and due to that formed the Mensheviks who became a minority, and broke off from the Bolsheviks.
Mensheviks → Martov, who was in league with Lenin had a dispute with lenin, and due to that formed the Mensheviks who became a minority, and broke off from the Bolsheviks.
Mustard Gas → A technology that was created in WWI. It suffocated those who breathed it. Very deadly and caused mass death throughout Europe. Originally used by the Germans.
Georges Clemenceau → France's representative, he wanted to see Germany crushed, and wanted all of Germany to crumble due to what they had done during WWI.