5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- verbal irony
- Why is Nathalia Gumpertz honored in the tenement museum?
- a Nathalia was successful in making it out of the tenements.
- b the person who is telling a stroy from his point of view.
- c to be kicked out
- d occurs when words suggest a meaning opposite to the one stated
- e run down rental property
5 Multiple choice questions
- repetition of similar or identical sounds in the end stressed syllables of words, "mark/shark"
- words, phrases or images are repeated in a poem or story to call a reader's attention to them
- learns, grows or changes during the course of a story
- big statue, original person
- several words in a line with the same first letter. It is used for effect.
5 True/False questions
theme → repetition of similar or identical sounds in the end stressed syllables of words, "mark/shark"
dramatic irony → occurs when words suggest a meaning opposite to the one stated
rampant → spreading rapidly
autobiography → the story of a person's life, told by that person.
simile → a concrete object that represents an idea
water = life, sun = hope, flag=country