5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- dynamic character
- a repetition of similar or identical sounds in the end stressed syllables of words, "mark/shark"
- b words, phrases or images are repeated in a poem or story to call a reader's attention to them
- c learns, grows or changes during the course of a story
- d the story line stops to go back to an event or scene that occurred before the opening of a story
- e a concrete object that represents an idea
water = life, sun = hope, flag=country
5 Multiple choice questions
- spreading rapidly
- people who live in a location
- to be kicked out
- several words in a line with the same first letter. It is used for effect.
- the main idea behind a story, the message the author is trying to communicate to the reader
5 True/False questions
Why were the Jews represented by the Star of David on the graphic about immigrant nsettlemennts instead of their country's flag? → They had no flag because they had no country.
Why is Nathalia Gumpertz honored in the tenement museum? → Nathalia was successful in making it out of the tenements.
colossus → big statue, original person
irony → the difference between appearance and reality
densely → crowded, packed close together