5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- dramatic irony
- dynamic character
- a occurs when the audience knows important facts that the characters don't know.
- b learns, grows or changes during the course of a story
- c a concrete object that represents an idea
water = life, sun = hope, flag=country
- d the person who is telling a stroy from his point of view.
- e gives human qualities to an animal or an object
5 Multiple choice questions
- the main idea behind a story, the message the author is trying to communicate to the reader
- occurs when words suggest a meaning opposite to the one stated
- several words in a line with the same first letter. It is used for effect.
- the story line stops to go back to an event or scene that occurred before the opening of a story
- a comparison using 'like' or 'as'; "She ran like a deer."
5 True/False questions
evicted → to be kicked out
rhyme → the main idea behind a story, the message the author is trying to communicate to the reader
densely → crowded, packed close together
irony → the difference between appearance and reality
Why is Nathalia Gumpertz honored in the tenement museum? → Nathalia was successful in making it out of the tenements.