5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- dynamic character
- a several words in a line with the same first letter. It is used for effect.
- b spreading rapidly
- c the person who is telling a stroy from his point of view.
- d learns, grows or changes during the course of a story
- e a concrete object that represents an idea
water = life, sun = hope, flag=country
5 Multiple choice questions
- the difference between appearance and reality
- run down rental property
- words, phrases or images are repeated in a poem or story to call a reader's attention to them
- Nathalia was successful in making it out of the tenements.
- gives human qualities to an animal or an object
5 True/False questions
evicted → to be kicked out
rhyme → the main idea behind a story, the message the author is trying to communicate to the reader
dramatic irony → occurs when words suggest a meaning opposite to the one stated
Why were the Jews represented by the Star of David on the graphic about immigrant nsettlemennts instead of their country's flag? → Nathalia was successful in making it out of the tenements.
simile → a comparison using 'like' or 'as'; "She ran like a deer."