5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- verbal irony
- Why is Nathalia Gumpertz honored in the tenement museum?
- a the story of a person's life, told by that person.
- b people who live in a location
- c run down rental property
- d occurs when words suggest a meaning opposite to the one stated
- e Nathalia was successful in making it out of the tenements.
5 Multiple choice questions
- gives human qualities to an animal or an object
- words, phrases or images are repeated in a poem or story to call a reader's attention to them
- the difference between appearance and reality
- to be kicked out
- a concrete object that represents an idea
water = life, sun = hope, flag=country
5 True/False questions
dramatic irony → occurs when the audience knows important facts that the characters don't know.
densely → crowded, packed close together
rhyme → repetition of similar or identical sounds in the end stressed syllables of words, "mark/shark"
Unreliable narrator → If the narrator doesn't know what is happening or if he is lying.
flashback → spreading rapidly