5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Why is Nathalia Gumpertz honored in the tenement museum?
- dynamic character
- a a concrete object that represents an idea
water = life, sun = hope, flag=country
- b a comparison using 'like' or 'as'; "She ran like a deer."
- c several words in a line with the same first letter. It is used for effect.
- d Nathalia was successful in making it out of the tenements.
- e learns, grows or changes during the course of a story
5 Multiple choice questions
- the story line stops to go back to an event or scene that occurred before the opening of a story
- words, phrases or images are repeated in a poem or story to call a reader's attention to them
- the main idea behind a story, the message the author is trying to communicate to the reader
- occurs when words suggest a meaning opposite to the one stated
- the story of a person's life, told by that person.
5 True/False questions
residents → people who live in a location
dramatic irony → occurs when the audience knows important facts that the characters don't know.
rampant → spreading rapidly
irony → the difference between appearance and reality
evicted → to be kicked out