5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Unreliable narrator
- verbal irony
- dramatic irony
- a occurs when the audience knows important facts that the characters don't know.
- b the main idea behind a story, the message the author is trying to communicate to the reader
- c occurs when words suggest a meaning opposite to the one stated
- d run down rental property
- e If the narrator doesn't know what is happening or if he is lying.
5 Multiple choice questions
- gives human qualities to an animal or an object
- words, phrases or images are repeated in a poem or story to call a reader's attention to them
- the story of a person's life, told by that person.
- a comparison using 'like' or 'as'; "She ran like a deer."
- several words in a line with the same first letter. It is used for effect.
5 True/False questions
irony → the difference between appearance and reality
rhyme → repetition of similar or identical sounds in the end stressed syllables of words, "mark/shark"
residents → run down rental property
Why is Nathalia Gumpertz honored in the tenement museum? → learns, grows or changes during the course of a story
rampant → spreading rapidly