5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- verbal irony
- Why were the Jews represented by the Star of David on the graphic about immigrant nsettlemennts instead of their country's flag?
- Why is Nathalia Gumpertz honored in the tenement museum?
- a Nathalia was successful in making it out of the tenements.
- b They had no flag because they had no country.
- c occurs when words suggest a meaning opposite to the one stated
- d the main idea behind a story, the message the author is trying to communicate to the reader
- e a comparison using 'like' or 'as'; "She ran like a deer."
5 Multiple choice questions
- occurs when the audience knows important facts that the characters don't know.
- crowded, packed close together
- spreading rapidly
- run down rental property
- the difference between appearance and reality
5 True/False questions
residents → people who live in a location
Narrator → spreading rapidly
evicted → a comparison using 'like' or 'as'; "She ran like a deer."
personification → gives human qualities to an animal or an object
Unreliable narrator → the person who is telling a stroy from his point of view.