6 Written questions
5 Multiple choice questions
- The sediments are compacted under great pressure, possibly accompanied by high temperatures, resulting in __________ ____.
- Sedimentary rocks are classified as _______, or fragmental.
- If relatively large spaces between grains exist in sandstone, then it has high ________.
- Changes in the original igneous and sedimentary rock types produce ___________ _____.
- Similar to conglomerate except the fragments are sharp and angular.
5 True/False questions
impermeable → Usually these spaces are interconnected, allowing the sandstone to be highly _________.
permeable → Usually these spaces are interconnected, allowing the sandstone to be highly _________.
matrix → A material in which something else is enclosed or embedded.
petrology → The study of rocks.
rock cycle → A description of geologic events is known as the ____ _____.