6 Written questions
5 Multiple choice questions
- Similar to conglomerate except the fragments are sharp and angular.
- The sediments are compacted under great pressure, possibly accompanied by high temperatures, resulting in __________ ____.
- A solid material in the earth's crust.
- Sedimentary rocks form layers called ______.
- Changes in the original igneous and sedimentary rock types produce ___________ _____.
5 True/False questions
impermeable → If there are no interconnected pores in the rock, it is ___________.
petrology → These scientists study rocks.
igneous rocks → Rocks formed by the cooling of molten rock are called _______ _____.
matrix → A material in which something else is enclosed or embedded.
petrologists → The study of rocks.