6 Written questions
5 Multiple choice questions
- If relatively large spaces between grains exist in sandstone, then it has high ________.
- A description of geologic events is known as the ____ _____.
- If there are no interconnected pores in the rock, it is ___________.
- The sediments are compacted under great pressure, possibly accompanied by high temperatures, resulting in __________ ____.
- Similar to conglomerate except the fragments are sharp and angular.
5 True/False questions
clastic → Sedimentary rocks are classified as _______, or fragmental.
permeable → Usually these spaces are interconnected, allowing the sandstone to be highly _________.
nonclastic → Chemical, or __________.
petrologists → The study of rocks.
matrix → A material in which something else is enclosed or embedded.