5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Christian Michelsen
- Phoney war
- Nasjonal Samling
- a northern Norwegian port. Exploited by Sweden and England
- b Norwegian Nazi Party
- c Denmark invades Poland. Early phase of WWII. Neither side had committed to launching a significant attack. Operation West was part of the phoney war. Ended when Germany entered Belgium
- d person who is appointed by the King to a higher position in government service (wealthy people, landowners)
- e catalyst, formed coalition government--> became prime minister. Strongly linked to dissolution of union between Norway and Sweden. First prime minister after dissolution.
5 Multiple choice questions
- transfer of power from monarch to parliament.
- the last swedish king to intervene with swedish politics, was evicted from his political role, remains that way in Sweden today
- German philosopher, theologian, poet
- Glucksvurg, King of Denmark during both world wars, forced Zahle
- Norwegian Swastika
5 True/False questions
Treaty of Vienna → gave Holstein and Slesvig back to Denmark
Sverdrup → first Norwegian prime minister after introduction of parliamentarism
Treaty of Versailles → took Slesvig and Holstein away from Denmark and gave them to Austria and Prussia
Tranmæl → radical Norwegian socialist leader, very communist.
Karlstad Conventions → dissolved union between Sweden and Norway