5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Christian Michelsen
- Brandes and Ibsen
- a northern Norwegian port. Exploited by Sweden and England
- b writers of the Socialist Revolution
- c was the first social democratic Prime Minister of Denmark
- d catalyst, formed coalition government--> became prime minister. Strongly linked to dissolution of union between Norway and Sweden. First prime minister after dissolution.
- e Danish lawyer and politician; prime minister of Denmark 1909-1910
5 Multiple choice questions
- Leader of Nasjonal Samling (Norwegian Nazi party) and believed that Nazism was the best way to oppose communism
- first socialist goverment prime minister of Sweden who argued for reform, and regulated consumption of alcohol through taxing and monopoly instead of prohibition
- organized Farmers' friends in 1860's (Norway)
- the last swedish king to intervene with swedish politics, was evicted from his political role, remains that way in Sweden today
- poet of Danish identity and awakening figure
5 True/False questions
Tranmæl → radical Norwegian socialist leader, very communist.
Parliamentarianism → transfer of power from monarch to parliament.
Knud Knudsen → advocated "Norwegianization" of Danish (bokmal)
Phoney war → German philosopher, theologian, poet
Alfred Nobel → Swedish chemist, invented dynamite, established and funded the Nobel Prizes