5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- transnational firms
- Measures the international definition of poverty
- urban decentralization
- a the process in which cities spread out over a larger geographical area
- b Percentage of population living on less that 2 dollars a day
- c global businesses that affect the environment in ways such as it limits natural resources
- d Combination of Spanish and English, spoken by Hispanic-Americans.
- e City with 10 million or more people.
5 Multiple choice questions
- northern hemisphere
- Runaway slaves who gathered in mountainous, forested, or swampy areas and formed their own self-governing communities. raided plantations for supplies, had military skills from Africa.
- A large and fundmental division within a religion
- associations of nations at a governmental level to promote trade within the block and defend its members against global competition
- the value of final goods and services plus the net income from abroad
5 True/False questions
Offshore Banking → closely associated with the Bahamas, this appeals to foreign banks and corporations by offering specialized services that are confidential and tax-exempt
Circular Migration → migration of people to a specific location because relatives or members of the same nationality previously migrated there
Baptists are clustered in the ________ United States. → southern
cultural landscape → the dominance of one culture over another
Maquiladoras → The term given to zones in northern Mexico with factories supplying manufactured goods to the U.S. market. The low-wage workers in the primarily foreign-owned factories assemble imported components and/or raw materials and then export finished goods.