5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Dependency Theory
- el nino
- Offshore Banking
- richest nations are located
- a Combination of Spanish and English, spoken by Hispanic-Americans.
- b A disturbance of wind patterns and ocean currents in the Pacific Ocean that causes temporary climate changes in many parts of the world.
- c northern hemisphere
- d closely associated with the Bahamas, this appeals to foreign banks and corporations by offering specialized services that are confidential and tax-exempt
- e A model of economic and social development that explains global inequality in terms of the historical exploitation of poor nations by rich ones
5 Multiple choice questions
- less developed country
- the dominance of one culture over another
- type of temporary migration;associated with agricultural work
- transfer of money by a foreign worker to his or her home country
5 True/False questions
centrifugal forces → Forces that tend to divide a country-such as international religious, linguistic, ethnic, or ideological differences
African traditions that survived in the Caribbean because of Maroons → farming practices, house designs, community organization, language
What is the primary reason that Caribbean colonies began to turn to indentured labor as a workforce in the mid-nineteenth century? → most colonial governments began to free their slaves
Houseyards → A set of religious beliefs concerning the origin of the universe.
counterurbanization → Net migration from urban to rural areas in more developed countries.