5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- altitudinal zonation
- Indentured Labor
- a labor under contract to an employer for a fixed period of time, typically three to seven years, in exchange for their transportation, food, clothing, lodging and other necessities
- b in a linguistic context, the process describing the convergence of two or more languages, forming a separate, new language
- c A religion that attempts to appeal to all people not just those living in a particular location
- d areas that share common characteristics
- e the division of land into zones based on elevation, which in turn helps determine climate and vegetation
5 Multiple choice questions
- products are made and traded according to standards that protect workers and small businesses in LDCs
- A disturbance of wind patterns and ocean currents in the Pacific Ocean that causes temporary climate changes in many parts of the world.
- Factories built by US companies in Mexico near the US border to take advantage of much lower labor costs in Mexico.
- regions that share a government, culture, and language that are independent of other states...relatively rare
- small, enclosed properties of a half acre or less include a number of dwellings, small livestock, fruit trees, herb gardens, and a protected play and work space
5 True/False questions
cultural landscape → a vast treeless plain in the arctic regions between the ice cap and the tree line
Regional Trade Blocks → Treaty between Spain and Portugal dividing newly discovered lands between them (1494)
secondary sector → The portion of the economy concerned with manufacturing useful products through processing, transforming, and assembling raw materials.
Deforestation in the Amazon has decreased due to → Cuba
Greater and Lesser Antilles → Treaty between Spain and Portugal dividing newly discovered lands between them (1494)