5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Plantation America
- Greater and Lesser Antilles
- secondary sector
- Deforestation in the Amazon has decreased due to
- Baptists are clustered in the ________ United States.
- a The portion of the economy concerned with manufacturing useful products through processing, transforming, and assembling raw materials.
- b southern
- c a cultural region that extends from midway up the coast of brazil through caribbean and into south eastern u.s. plantations for export
- d three island groups that form the West Indies
- e pressure from environmental agencies, pressure from indigenous groups, pressure from development agencies, an economic slowdown in Brazil
5 Multiple choice questions
- is the adoption by an individual of some or all aspects of a dominant culture
- Combination of Spanish and English, spoken by Hispanic-Americans.
- An internal organization of a state that places most power in the hands of central government officials
- Ireland & Germany (1820-1860)
- Upper midwestern US
5 True/False questions
Phase 5 US migration → England & Africa (1800-1820)
sectoral transformation → refers to the evolution of a nation's labor force from one highly dependent on the primary sector to one with more employment in the secondary, tertiary, and quaternary sectors
Dependency Theory → a group of religious congregations having its own organization and a distinctive faith
Regional Trade Blocks → associations of nations at a governmental level to promote trade within the block and defend its members against global competition
global consumer culture → A culture in which people around the world are united through their common devotion to brand name consumer goods, movie stars, celebrities, and leisure activities. (NBA, Mcdonalds, KFC)