5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Mutual Fund
- Bear Market
- Karl Marx
- Adam Smith
- a The father of economics
He explained the ideas of capitalism/market economy
- b A pool (group) of money from investors that is used to buy stocks and bonds
- c A business owned by a group of investors.
-20% of today's businesses are corporations & they are the largest type of business
-Corporations are treated as a legal entitty and must get a charter from the state in order to be incorporated
- d Father of Communism
Wanted a command economy that would favor workers, not rulers. All property would be jointly owned by all people. Everyone would be equal in power, wealth, and rights.
- e The DOW is down which signals that the stock market is weak
5 Multiple choice questions
- People use money to measure the value of something
- Also called capitalism
Result of many people's buying and selling decisions. This type of economy is not run by anyone, it runs itself.
People are free to buy and sell what they please
- The DOW is up and the stock market is strong. People are confident and are willing to invest
- A certificate that a stockholder gets that shows the number of shares in a company that person owns
- A place where stocks and bonds (also called securities) are bought & sold.
The New York Stock Exchange is the largest in the world.
5 True/False questions
Bond → Coins and paper money. It is also called currency. This is fiat money and is the most commonly used form of money
Preferred stock → Stocks that allow stocksholders to make company decisions
Barter economy → People used to trade objects or services directly for other objects and services
Shareholder / Stockholder → People who buy stock
Economic System → Stocks that allow stocksholders to make company decisions