5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Bull Market
- Preferred stock
- a The DOW is up and the stock market is strong. People are confident and are willing to invest
- b Guessing the price of stock prices
- c Stocks that guarantee that stockholders will get dividends
- d A business owned by a group of investors.
-20% of today's businesses are corporations & they are the largest type of business
-Corporations are treated as a legal entitty and must get a charter from the state in order to be incorporated
- e Something of value that a borrower gives a lender as a guarantee that the loan will be repaid.
Example: House or car
5 Multiple choice questions
- It must be easy to break money into smaller units
- A business owned by 2 or more people.
-10% of today's businesses are partnerships
-There are 2 types of partnerships
1) General partnerships - each partner makes decisions and is legally responsible
2) Limited partnerships - some partner does not make decisions and is not legally responsible
Partnerships used to be sole proprietorships
- Government has total power over people
- Not true money! This is a way to store value and increase your wealth. Money in a savings account collects interest!
- Another word for stocks and bonds
5 True/False questions
Liable → Coins and paper money. It is also called currency. This is fiat money and is the most commonly used form of money
Bear Market → The DOW is up and the stock market is strong. People are confident and are willing to invest
Money must be HARD TO COUNTERFEIT → Money must last a long time
Commodity Money → The object used for money is valuable in itself
Examples: Gold, Diamonds
Money must be DURABLE → Money must be easy to carry around