Upgrade to remove ads
PowerPoint: Key People to Meet
Terms in this set (11)
Hospital Vendor Credentialing
certification process that med sales reps go through in order to be admitted to a hospital facility z
Reasons for Hospital Vendor Credentialing
1. privacy & confidentiality concerns
2. security concerns
3. health risk concerns
4. health care system accountability concerns
5. complex health care systems
6. better control of supply chain
Materials Manager Questions:
1. Special needs to do business?
2. Technology approval process?
3. How long is approval process?
4. What do they need from me?
5. Contract negotiation?
6. How to make their lives easier?
7. Best/Worst rep, why?
OR Coordinator Questions
1. Different or special about their OR?
2. Process for paperwork?
3. Where is rep invoice box?
4. OR tour?
5. Case notification process?
6. Where do reps keep totes/implants?
7. Meet/greet with scrub techs/nurses?
8. How to make lives easier?
9. Best/Worst rep, why?
Scrub Tech Questions
1. Set up a "meet & greet"
2. Befriend scrub tech: (they are in ortho cases all day & know what is being used/issues) AND (practically sell for you)
1. how do you check-in sets for case?
2. how early/late can you drop off sets
3. how long for entire process
4. how long is sterilization cycle
5. where do sets go after case ends
6. where do you pick up sets
(set up meet & greet, how to make lives easier; worst/best rep, why?)
Prep for case: week before
1. is it approved
2. where are you getting sets from
(order, borrow, check stock)
3. surgeon instrument set refresher
4. pre-op planning (review X-rays)
5. set up "in-service" for scrub techs
6. guidelines for set drop off
prep for case: day before
1. tray/instrument prep
2. in-service everyone that needed to
3. drop set off for processing
4. confirm case time
5. study surgical technique
prep for case: day of
1. arrive to case 1 1/2 hours early (check-in, change)
2. locate case chart & sets outside OR (check materials, if missing go to SPD, cooling rack, misplaced)
3. size implants, organize, assessable
4. surgical technique on hand, paperwork
top 4 jobs of rep in OR
1. patient avocate
2. technical resource
3. inventory management
4. make scrub tech look like a rock-star
jobs of rep after OR
- description of implant/disposable
- quantity used
- lot/batch #
- pricing (all invoices)
- thank everyone
- speak to surgeon about applying technology to future patients
Other sets by this creator
VOCABULARY (50 - 75)
VOCABULARY (26 - 50)
VOCABULARY (1 - 25)
GENERAL SKELETAL SYSTEM
Other Quizlet sets
US HISTORY TEST - The American Civil War
US HIST 140- Ch.17