5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Albert Kropp
- a One of Paul's best friends in the army; always analyzes war. Paul fakes a fever so he can travel to the hospital with him.
- b really wants Kammerich's boots when Kammerich is dying. Very practical; in Paul's group
- c first to have sex out of Paul's friends
- d School teacher in Paul's high school that pushes them to join the army. Eventually is drafted in the army.
- e Patient in the hospital where Kropp and Paul go. His wife comes to visit him and they have sex while everyone is turned around.
5 Multiple choice questions
- Very thin and hungry all the time. Has a huge grude against Corporal Himelstoss. Had a bed-wetting problem in training camp.
- has interest in Paul until he tells her he is going on leave; she only likes the excitement of combat. 1 of 3 they see across the canal and swim to.
- must have leg amputated after suffering a wound. Dies early on in the novel. Many people want his boots.
- wants to serve full time in the army after the war ends. was a peat-digger before the war. very large.
- French soldier that Paul stabs in No-Mans Land and later feels very bad about. Has a wife and daughter at home.
5 True/False questions
Sergeant Oellrich → must have leg amputated after suffering a wound. Dies early on in the novel. Many people want his boots.
Detering → man who come back from the dying room
Berger → someone who attemps to save or kill a wounded dog but dies from his wound in the thigh
Joseph Behm → First to die out of Paul's friends. Did not enlist in the army, but was pressured to go because of Kantorek.
Lieutenant Bertinck → company commander and a good guy. He loves his men, allows them to eat extra rations when Ginger the cook tries to withhold them, and he dies saving his company from the attack of enemy flamethrowers.