NCLEX, Cardiovascular System
What does the right side of the heart do with blood?
- received deoxygenated blood from the body
- pumps it to lungs
What does the left side of the heart do with blood?
- receives oxygenated blood from the lungs
- pumps it through aorta to the body
What side of the heart has the tricuspid valve?
What side of the heart has the mitral vavle?
What is the rate of the SA node?
What is the rate of the AV node?
What is the formula for cardiac output?
- stroke volume x heart rate
What are the three things cardiac output depends on?
What system regulates heart rate?
- autonomic nervous system
What are the two parts of the autonomic nervous system?
- sympathetic, flight or fight
- parasympathetic, rest and digest
What does the sympathetic nervous system do?
- increases: BP, HR, RR, BG, blood to muscles of legs
- decreases blood flow to GI tract
What does the parasympathetic nervous system do?
- counterbalances sympathetic to maintain BP, HR, RR WNL
- stimulates blood flow to GI tract
Upgrade to remove ads