Study sets, textbooks, questions
Upgrade to remove ads
Wear and Appearance of Uniform (AR 670-1 and DA Pam 670-1)
Terms in this set (38)
Para 1-1 What does a Soldier's appearance measure?
part of his or her Professionalism
Para 1-1 What is a matter of personal pride for all Soldiers?
Proper wear of the Army uniform.
Para 1-6 Are portions of AR 670-1 punitive?
Para 1-6 What may happen if Soldiers violate AR 670-1?
Violations may result in adverse administrative action and/or charges under the provisions of the UCMJ.
Para 2-3 Who will approve designs for distinctive unit insignia (DUI), regimental distinctive insignia (RDI), shoulder sleeve insignia (SSI), flags, and badges?
Assistant Secretary of the Army.
Para 2-3 Who can approve coats of arms, decorations, flags, streamers, agency seals, badges, and other types of insignia that are approved for use and/or display?
Assistant Secretary of the Army.
Para 2-3 Who can approve a new design of a guidon for a new company, battalion or BDE?
Assistant Secretary of the Army.
Para 2-5 Who is exempt from policies in AR 670-1?
Only Those Units designated for ceremonial duties
Para 2-6 (H) Why must Commanders conduct periodic inspections of Uniform Items?
1. To ensure Soldiers possess the minimum quantities of uniforms.
2. To ensure Soldiers wear only authorized insignia and awards.
3. To ensure Soldiers wear only uniform and heraldic items produced by certified manufacturers.
Para 2-7 Who must Maintain their clothing bag items and any supplemental clothing items they are issued?
All Enlisted Personnel.
Para 2-7 Who must ensure they procure and maintain the uniforms and accessories appropriate to their assigned duties?
Para 3-1(B) What does pride in appearance include?
a Soldiers' physical fitness and adherence to acceptable weight standards.
Para 3-1(B) What is a vital ingredient of the Army's strength and military effectiveness?
the pride and self discipline that American Soldiers bring to their Service.
Para 3-1(B) Who is to ensure that military personnel under their command present a neat and soldierly appearance?
Para 3 What chapter of AR 670-1 sets the Standards for appearance and grooming standards?
Para 3-2(1) What is the purpose of hair grooming standards?
It is necessary to maintain uniformity within a military population.
Para 3-2 A 1 (A) What are the guidelines Leaders must use to judge appropriate hairstyles
By guidance in AR 670-1, the ability to wear all types of army headgear, and any protective equipment properly.
Para 3-2 Para A 1 (A) What should Leaders use in determining if a hairstyle is neat and conservative?
AR 670-1 Para A 1 (A).
Para 3-2 How can Leaders judge the appropriateness of a particular hairstyle?
by the appearance of headgear when worn.
Para 3-2 A 2 A How far down are sideburns authorized?
Sideburns will not extend below the bottom of the opening of the ear.
Para 3-2 A 2 B What is the maximum length authorized for medical treatment?
The length of the beard cannot exceed 1/4 inch, but must be specified on the Profile.
Para 3-2 A 2 C Can males wear wigs or hairpieces while in uniform or in civilian clothes on duty?
No; except to cover natural baldness or physical disfiguration caused by accident or medical procedure.
Para 3-3 B 1-4 What are the types of tattoos or brands that are prejudicial to good order and discipline and therefore prohibited anywhere on a Soldier's body?
Para 3-4 A What jewelry is authorized for wear while in uniform?
Soldiers may wear a wristwatch, a wrist religious or identification bracelet, and a total of two rings.
Para 3-4 D 2 What are considered Class C uniforms?
combat, utility, hospital duty, food service, physical fitness, field, or organizational.
Para 3-6 A 2 A Are keys or key chains authorized on the belt, belt loops, or waistband?
Yes as long as they are Not Visible.
Para 3-6 A 2 B Are Soldiers authorized to wear an electronic device on belt, belt loops, or waistband of the uniform?
Yes, but Only One Electronic Device can be worn.
Para 3-7 F 1 What color must hand carried bags be?
Hand carried bags will be conservative and professional in appearance.
Para 3-7 K In what situation is wearing Army uniforms prohibited?
(1) In connection with the furtherance of any political or commercial interests, or when engaged in off-duty civilian employment.
(2) When participating in public speeches, interviews, picket lines, marches, rallies, or public demonstrations, except as authorized by the first O-5 in the chain of command.
(3) When attending any meeting or event that is a function of, or is sponsored by, an extremist organization.
(4) When wearing the uniform would bring discredit upon the Army, as determined by the Commander.
(5) When specifically prohibited by Army regulations.
Para 3-7 I In what situations are soldiers not required to wear headgear with the uniform?
(1) if it would interfere with the safe operation of military vehicles.
(2) Soldiers will not wear headgear indoors, unless under arms in an official capacity.,
(3) Male and female Soldiers are not required to wear headgear to evening social events (after retreat) when wearing the Army service and dress uniforms or the mess and evening mess uniforms.
Para 3-8 A What uniform items are distinctive and will not be sold to or worn by unauthorized personnel by law?
(1) All Army headgear, when worn with insignia.(2) Badges and tabs.(3) Uniform buttons. (4) Decorations, service medals, service and training ribbons, and other awards. (5) Insignia of any design or color that the Army has adopted.
Para 3-10 A What type of eyeglasses or sunglasses are not authorized for wear?
Eyeglasses or sunglasses that are trendy or have lenses or frames with conspicuous initials, designs, or other adornments.
Para 3-10 A When are Soldiers authorized to wear sunglasses that contain logos or lens colors that are not authorized?
Soldiers are authorized to wear ballistic spectacle eye protection issued by the Army.
Para 4-1 What chapter of AR 670-1 covers the wear of the combat uniform?
Why is the significance of the stars facing front on the shoulder flag?
To give the appearance that Our Army is moving forward and not backwards.
What does each service stripe represent on the uniform represent?
3 years of honorable service.
What does each overseas service bar represent on the uniform?
6 months of service in a Combat Zone.
What does the "V" device represent on an award?
it denotes an award authorized for acts of heroism involving conflict with an armed enemy.
Other sets by this creator
SGT Hensley's Choice
SHARP AR 600-20 CH 7 & 8
101st division history
Other Quizlet sets
Chapter 12 Chemistry
The digestive system voabulary - Created…
Becher - Immune System and Vaccine Vocab…
Science AMS 2021-SGM24 W4T2