5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- The Truman Doctrine
- Dwight D. Eisenhower
- Gulf of Tonkin Resolution
- Geneva Accords
- a agreement that divided Vietnam into North and South
- b 1947 - Stated that the U.S. would support any nation threatened by Communism.
- c Firms or corporations that combine for the purpose of reducing competition and controlling prices (establishing a monopoly). There are anti-trust laws to prevent these monopolies.
- d gave U.S. President Lyndon B. Johnson authorization, without a formal declaration of war by Congress, for the use of military force in Southeast Asia.
- e American General who began in North Africa and became the Commander of Allied forces in Europe. 34th president
5 Multiple choice questions
- a political and social system that developed during the Middle Ages; nobles offered protection and land in return for service
- Led by Vladimir Lenin, it was the Russian communist party that took over the Russian goverment during WWI
- muckraker who shocked the nation when he published The Jungle, a novel that revealed gruesome details about the meat packing industry in Chicago.
- Surprise attacks on major cities and towns and American military bases throughout South Vietnam.
- 30th president, served from 1923-1929 with a pro-business aim
5 True/False questions
Red Scare → Woodrow Wilson (US president), Georges Clemenceau (french premier), David Lloyd George (british prime minister), Vittorio Orlando (italian prime minister) major leaders at Paris peace conference
Capitalism → a political and social system that developed during the Middle Ages; nobles offered protection and land in return for service
Richard Nixon → black American author, philosopher, and civil rights leader
Triple Entente → An alliance between Great Britain, France and Russia in the years before WWI.
Alice Paul → Vietnamese communist statesman who fought the Japanese in World War II and the French until 1954 and South vietnam until 1975 (1890-1969)