5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Treaty of Versailles
- Yellow Journalism
- Kevin White
- War of Attrition
- a the treaty imposed on Germany by the Allied powers in 1920 after the end of World War I which demanded exorbitant reparations from the Germans
- b Trench warfare between Germany and France. Called War of Attrition(wearing down) because the goal was to break down the enemy. There was no winner after 3 years of fighting.
- c sensationalist journalism
- d an economic system based on private ownership of capital
- e Mayor of Boston and first to admit race problem
5 Multiple choice questions
- An alliance between Great Britain, France and Russia in the years before WWI.
- American civil rights lawyer, first black justice on the Supreme Court of the United States. Tireless advocate for the rights of minorities and the poor.
- This act made racial, religious, and sex discrimination by employers illegal and gave the government the power to enforce all laws governing civil rights, including desegregation of schools and public places.
- This court case decided that Intelligent Design cannot be taught in school beacuse it is disguised religion
- abolished slavery
5 True/False questions
Communism → a form of socialism that abolishes private ownership
Howard Truman → Became president when FDR died; gave the order to drop the atomic bomb
William Howard Taft → 25th president responsible for Spanish-American War, Philippine-American War, and the Annexation of Hawaii, imperialism. assassinated by an anarchist
Ho Chi Minh → Led by Vladimir Lenin, it was the Russian communist party that took over the Russian goverment during WWI
Jacob Riis → A Danish immigrant, he became a reporter who pointed out the terrible conditions of the tenement houses of the big cities where immigrants lived during the late 1800s. He wrote "How The Other Half Lives" in 1890.