5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- William McKinley
- Dwight D. Eisenhower
- 21st Amendment
- 16th Parallel
- Robert Kennedy
- a repeal of prohibition
- b geographic line by which vietnam was split
- c 25th president responsible for Spanish-American War, Philippine-American War, and the Annexation of Hawaii, imperialism. assassinated by an anarchist
- d American General who began in North Africa and became the Commander of Allied forces in Europe. 34th president
- e He ran for President in 1968; stirred a response from workers, African Americans, Hispanics, and younger Americans by promoting equality; would have captured Democratic nomination but was assassinated by Sirhan Sirhan after victory speech during the California primary in June 1968. He was the Attorney General and brother of JFK
5 Multiple choice questions
- heir to the Austria-Hungarian throne, was assassinated in Sarajevo, started World War I.
- president 1974-77, Nixon's Vice president, only person not voted into the White House. Assumed presidency after Nixon's resignation as a result of the Watergate scandal
- Trench warfare between Germany and France. Called War of Attrition(wearing down) because the goal was to break down the enemy. There was no winner after 3 years of fighting.
- Succeeded Stalin as the head of the Soviet Communist Party and became the Soviet premier. In power during Cuban Missile Crisis
- helped persuade to prohibit child labor and limit number of hours women were forced to work, founded national child labor committe
5 True/False questions
Fourteenth Amendment → The right of citizens of the United States to vote shall not be denied or abridged by the United States or by any State on account of race, color, or previous condition of servitude.
Calvin Coolidge → 30th president, served from 1923-1929 with a pro-business aim
League of Nations → A leading poet of the Harlem Renaissance. He wrote "The Negro Speaks of Rivers" and "My People"
The Tet Offensive → Surprise attacks on major cities and towns and American military bases throughout South Vietnam.
Howard Truman → Firms or corporations that combine for the purpose of reducing competition and controlling prices (establishing a monopoly). There are anti-trust laws to prevent these monopolies.