5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Roman Senate
- Mare Nostrum
- a Made up of patricians
- b (A.D 245-316) Emperor of Rome from A.D 284 to 305, reorganized the Roman government
- c (A.D 76-138 emperor of Rome from A>D 117 to 138; one of Rome's greatest emperors; worked the unify the empire
- d member of a wealthy, upper-class family in the ancient Roman Republic. In the Roman civilization, most were plebeians, then there was slaves, and there was only a few patricians
- e the Latin (which is the official language of the Romans) word for "our sea"; referring to the Mediterranean Sea which was the center of the known world at the time
5 Multiple choice questions
- The date that the Senate awarded Octavian the title Augustus which means "highly respected"; he became the first emperor of Rome
- Where gladiators fought, and other shows were held there.
- (278-337 A.D) Emperor of Rome from A.D 312 to 337; encouraged the spread of Christianity; best emperor; became a Christian; first Born Again Christian Emperor
- He is saying that there is no quiet in Rome even before sunrise. Like every big city.
- B.P.4) What were the reasons in detail for the fall of Rome?
5 True/False questions
Arch → *NOT "AFTER DEATH!"
Anno Domini (Latin) = The Year of Our Lord= A.D
Dark Ages → period without literature and learning. Most culture stopped. The Catholic churches flourished. they welcomed Catholics into the churches. They rewrote the bible which kept writing alive.
Etruscans → an arena in ancient Rome; the show was also held there.
A.D 476 → Date of Fall of Byzantium; Roman capita which was changed to Constantinople
Romulus and Remus → Made up of patricians