5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Rights of the Mother
- Latin Language
- Twelve Tables
- A.D 476
- a Date when the Last Roman emperor driven from throne
- b Source of the French, Spanish, Portuguese, and Romanian languages. 1/2 of all English words have a Latin history. Some of the English language words directly come from the Latin language
- c member of a wealthy, upper-class family in the ancient Roman Republic. In the Roman civilization, most were plebeians, then there was slaves, and there was only a few patricians
- d the rights of the mother in a family depended on their husbands wealth and status; if the husband was a wealthy political man, the wife had a lot of freedom, where as if the husband was a poor Roman; the wife had very little and limited freedom
- e a table that listed the rights of the lower class citizens
5 Multiple choice questions
- 3 types of slaves: house slaves: often treated as a member of the family, sometimes get adopted of married into the family, agricolture slaves: had a hard life forced to work in the farming fields, mine slaves: had terrible life worked in dangerous mines. All slaves had no rights.
- the Latin word for "forbid"; the rejection of a bill by the consuls in the ancient Roman Republic.
- He is saying that the government should not be destroyed by; influence, money, or power.
- someone who died for a cause they believe in.
- He is saying that there is no quiet in Rome even before sunrise. Like every big city.
5 True/False questions
Mare Nostrum → the Latin (which is the official language of the Romans) word for "our sea"; referring to the Mediterranean Sea which was the center of the known world at the time
March 15, 44 B.C → Originally used by the Etruscans. Romans introduced it to their soon to be empire. Still used today in many structures
Augustus Caesar → also known as Octavian, first Roman Emperor, ruled after Julius Caesar's death in 44 B.C (Julius' Adopted son) until his own death. The word Augustus means "highly respected"
Consul → one of two officials who led the ancient Roman Republic. One was a patrician, and the other was a plebeian, this was to make it fair between each side of the social class
Roman Senate → enabled the Romans to build larger structures and they could use it to resist water. Made of cement, water, rock, and sand.