5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- A.D 476
- Mare Nostrum
- a someone who died for a cause they believe in.
- b a city were present day Istanbul is and it became Constantinople when Constantine was in rule
- c a system that allows water run through cities and home fro drinking and bathing
- d Date when the Last Roman emperor driven from throne
- e the Latin (which is the official language of the Romans) word for "our sea"; referring to the Mediterranean Sea which was the center of the known world at the time
5 Multiple choice questions
- the rights of the mother in a family depended on their husbands wealth and status; if the husband was a wealthy political man, the wife had a lot of freedom, where as if the husband was a poor Roman; the wife had very little and limited freedom
- member of a wealthy, upper-class family in the ancient Roman Republic. In the Roman civilization, most were plebeians, then there was slaves, and there was only a few patricians
- The date that the Senate awarded Octavian the title Augustus which means "highly respected"; he became the first emperor of Rome
- He is saying that the government should not be destroyed by; influence, money, or power.
- B.P.3) Why is Roman law important to us today? (Justinian's Code of Laws)
5 True/False questions
Roman Citizen: (212): "if the Tiber River reaches the walls, if the Nile fails to rise to the fields, if the sky doesn't move or the Earth does, of there is famine of plague, the cry is at once: "The Christians to the Lions." → He is saying that if something goes wrong the Christians are always blamed and killed. They don't care who did it, they just hate the Christians and want to get rid of them in any way they can.
Mercenary → someone who died for a cause they believe in.
Hadrian → member of a wealthy, upper-class family in the ancient Roman Republic. In the Roman civilization, most were plebeians, then there was slaves, and there was only a few patricians
Rome is located at the center of Italy, Italy is at the center of the Mediterranean Sea, and the Mediterranean Sea was at the center of the known Wester World. Rome's seven hills made it very easy to defend, the soil was fertile, and there was a flowing river called the Tiber River. Romulus and Remus originally settled here because it seemed like a very nice place to live. It became so much more. → India : Indian Ocean :: Italy : _________________
Inflation → (A.D 245-316) Emperor of Rome from A.D 284 to 305, reorganized the Roman government