5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- 509 B.C.
- A.D 1453
- a a system that allows water run through cities and home fro drinking and bathing
- b an arena in ancient Rome; the show was also held there.
- c Date of Fall of Byzantium; Roman capita which was changed to Constantinople
- d The year that Romans revolted and drove the Etruscans from power
- e an economic situation in which there is more money of less value. Meaning the government
5 Multiple choice questions
- Constantine declares freedom of Religion
- a table that listed the rights of the lower class citizens
- he was the controler of the family he owned the family and the house.
- a building made of arches and roman architecture
- enabled the Romans to build larger structures and they could use it to resist water. Made of cement, water, rock, and sand.
5 True/False questions
Mare Nostrum → the Latin (which is the official language of the Romans) word for "our sea"; referring to the Mediterranean Sea which was the center of the known world at the time
Romulus and Remus → Twin brothers; children of a beautiful princess and Mars (Greek's Ares); evil and jealous king feared that they would someday seize power from him and ordered them to be drowned; The gods protected them, they were found by a she wolf and were taken to her cave were they were raised. Then they were soon found by a shepherd who raised them until they were older. When they were older they created the city of Rome.
Byzantium → Where gladiators fought, and other shows were held there.
Roman Senate → enabled the Romans to build larger structures and they could use it to resist water. Made of cement, water, rock, and sand.
Veto → *NOT "AFTER DEATH!"
Anno Domini (Latin) = The Year of Our Lord= A.D