5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Bifocal Spot
- Compact Iodide Daylight "CID"
- Ampere / Amps
- a low voltage uplight often used to conceal set pieces
- b has two sets of shutters
- c high intensity lamp that simulates daylight
- d measurement of electrical current in a circuit
- e face the audience to prevent them from seeing backstage
5 Multiple choice questions
- speakers used in addition to main sound system
- flaps on the front of a Fresnel that are adjusted to control the beam.
- analog to digital converter used in computer soundcards
- incandescent spotlight
- imaginary line down middle of stage
5 True/False questions
Throw → The distance between a lighting source and what is being lit.
Dip → code used by the Lighting Industry Forum to indicate recommended usage of lanterns
Chase → Iodine light used in followspots.
Clearance → FOH communication that house is ready
Ballyhoo → lighting effect when swinging a spot beam in a figure 8