5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Color Call
- a mounted in ellipsoidal reflector - produces soft-edged, circular beam. Used as floodlight.
- b flash in light - often a cue
- c FOH communication that house is ready
- d imaginary line down middle of stage
- e list of colors needed for a lighting plan
5 Multiple choice questions
- filter that stretches light in different directions
- Used to decrease light's intensity without changing color
- level of illumination on a surface
- Iodine light used in followspots.
- code used by the Lighting Industry Forum to indicate recommended usage of lanterns
5 True/False questions
Array → loudspeakers flown in for a performance
Dip → hidden trapdoor concealing outlets on stage or a lacquer used to tint bulbs or lighting set up at stage level
Ballyhoo → lighting effect when swinging a spot beam in a figure 8
Backlight → lamp that uses a parabolic reflector for high-intensity
Bifocal Spot → comes from upstage or from behind actors.