5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Club drugs
- a is a chemically altered form of morphine. Heroin is highly addictive. This addiction is debilitating and often ruins people's lives
- b are a group of highly addictive drugs derived from the poppy plant that are used as pain relievers, anesthetics, and sedatives
- c are drugs that cause relaxation and sleepiness.
- d also called designer drugs, are drugs designed to resemble other illegal drugs in chemical structure and effect.
- e itching in infected area. Medication.
5 Multiple choice questions
- describes the ingestion or application of a drug or other substance in quantities that are excessive. An overdose is widely considered harmful and dangerous as it can result in death.
- a disease in which a person has a physical or psychological dependence on drinks that contain alcohol
- stunted growth, aggression, paranoia, liver cancer, increased cholesterol, heart disease, severe acne, baldness, shrinkness of the testes, reduced sperm count, and infertility.
- has the same effects as marijuana, but stronger.
- recovery program for people who have friends or family members with alcoholism
5 True/False questions
stages of alcohol → problem drinking, tolerance, dependence, alcoholism
The benefits of being smoke free → marks the beginning of AIDS. The helper T cell count is 200 or less and AIDS-defining conditions develop, such as opportunistic infections.
tobacco use → is the intentional improper or unsafe use of a drug.
Short term effects of drug abuse → Slowed thinking ability, Difficulty paying attention, Distorted sense of time and distance, Giddiness, Loss of short-term memory, Loss of balance and coordination, Increased appetite, Anxiety, and Panic attacks
MADD → Lysergic acid diethylamide is is usually taken as tablets or absorbed through the tongue on small paper squares. LSD can increase energy, alter mood, and produce strange sensations or hallucinations. The effects of LSD can also be frightening.