5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- a are drugs that cause relaxation and sleepiness.
- b disease that spreads quickly through human populations all over the world.
- c painless ulcer, rash, fever, joint pain, heart and nervous system damage. antibiotics
- d are drugs that distort perceptions and cause a person to see or hear things that are not real.
- e pain during urination. both partners need antibiotics
5 Multiple choice questions
- a chronic inflammation of the bronchi (medium-size airways) in the lungs.
- fatigue, weight loss, fever, diarrhea, forgetfulness, difficulty thinking, weakened immune system, infection. No cure, a combination of drugs can delay symptoms
- the asymptomatic stage, which means the infection is present but there are few or no symptoms. This phase can last 10 years or more.
- is a sticky, black substance in tobacco smoke
- recovery program for people who have friends or family members with alcoholism
5 True/False questions
short term effects of alcohol → your heart beats faster, your hand steadiness decreases, carbon monoxide increase, temperature of skin goes down, and the brain wave changes
dementia → Physically based losses in mental functioning: alcoholism is the leading cause of this.
herbal cigaretes → cold sores, blisters, red bumps and blisters. No cure but medications can reduce frequency
Inhalant- → a type of depressant that can be swallowed. It causes euphoria, reduced anxiety, loss of inhibitions, and drowsiness.
Effects on women from steroids → a toxic gas that keeps oxygen from getting into the bloodstream.