1) Southern 2) Major, Writing 3) Pre-Exilic -Longest & Most influential book -The 3 Isaiahs. Named after 1st, Isaiah of Jerusalem. -Wrote the Immanuel Prophecies, talking about the coming of the Messiah.
1) Southern 2) Major, Writing 3) Pre-Exilic & Exilic -Most reluctant -"God will make a New Covenant with the people and it will be WRITTEN ON THEIR HEARTS."
1) Southern 2) Major, Writing 3) Pre-Exilic & Exilic -Dream of the dry broken bones coming to life. The bones represent the people of Israel, brought to new life by Yahweh.
1) Northern 2) Non-Writing 3) Pre-Exilic -God in the gentle breeze -Never died, left on the Chariot of Fire. Made people think he would come back to the earth and announce the Messiah.
1) Northern 2) Minor, Writing 3) Pre-Exilic -Preached about corruption of wealth and riches -Called women of Samaria "fat cows" -Vision of the fire destroying Israel
1) Northern 2) Minor, Writing 3) Pre-Exilic -Hosea's story with wife/prostitute Gomer. -Marriage represents Israel's unfaithfulness to Yahweh. (Hosea takes Gomer back after her betrayal, just like God does)
-Job is to tell the word of God. -Speak the word of God. -They are the conscience of Israel.