Study sets, textbooks, questions
Upgrade to remove ads
5th Gr. Study guide- Sacraments of Healing
Terms in this set (30)
Name the two Sacraments of Healing
The sacrament of Penance/Confession/Reconciliation and the Anointing of the sick
a gift that helps us judge right and wrong
a prayer or something good to do to MAKE UP for our sin and help us change our lives
forgiveness of our sins
the sadness we feel for our sin
a serious sin, knowingly and willingly committed
who forgives our sins in confession
JESUS (through the priest)
What kind of sin must be confessed in the Sacrament of Reconciliation?
A mortal sin
Before confession, we should feel ____________________________________ in our hearts ....
Contrition (sorrow for our sins)
What is the price that makes up for all our sins?
Jesus' death on the Cross!
In the Rites of both of the sacraments we are studying, what is done?
Reading of Scripture, forgiving sins,
Who is the minister of Confession?
Who is responsible for our choices?
Anointing of the sick can ___________________________________ heal the body.
In reconciliation, we should tell our sins and the _________________________ we committed the sin.
During the anointing of the sick, the priest lays his ___________________ on the head of the sick person.
If someone is seriously ______________________, they can be anointed.
Our ________________________________________ is still being formed.
Venial sins can be forgiven at reconciliation and at ________________ times too.
We should confess sins because_____________________________________________
1) they can become a habit and 2) they can lead to a more serious sin.
We forgive others because__________________________________________________
Jesus forgives us and ask us to do the same for others.
What are some effects of the Sacrament of Reconciliation?
1) Our personal sin is forgiven 2) We receive peace & Joy 3) Sanctifying grace is restored!
What are some effects of the Sacrament of Anointing of the Sick?
1) We can unite our suffering to Christ's suffering 2) Our souls are healed and sometimes our bodies 3) We prepare for HEAVEN! 4) Our sins are forgiven
What are some guides to help us form a good conscience?
1) Family and friends 2) Priests, deacons, teachers 3) Mary and the Saints 4) Receiving the sacraments 4) Reading the scriptures 6) Living the 10 Commandments
Step 1 for Making a Good Confession
1) Pray to the Holy Spirit to make a good Examination of Conscience to know your sins and be sorry for them.
Step 2 for Making a Good Confession
2) Say "Bless me Father and for I have sinned. It has been _______________ since my last confession."
Step 3 For Making a Good Confession
3)Confess your sins. Tell him how often you have sinned and the reason why.
Step 4 for Making a Good Confession
4) Listen to Father while he gives you your Penance.
Step 5 for Making a Good Confession
5) Pray an Act of Contrition
Step 6 for Making a Good Confession
6) Say thank you Father. Go and do your Penance right away.
Other sets by this creator
6th Grade Religion Final Study Guide
5th Grade Religion Final Exam Study Guide
Lesson 17 Prophets
Study guide- Sacraments of Healing
Other Quizlet sets
AA2 Midterm Tests and Masures
Ch 9 (Robbins)
EXAM #2 MICRO
DC NAVEDTRA CH-3