5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Old Order
- What was notable about the night of August 4th, 1789?
- Bread Riots
- a Political groups that agree on objectives and policies; the origins of political parties.
- b Delegates in the National Convention who favored a republic but feared domination by Paris. Rivals of the Mountain and Jacobins.
- c • Old Regime - socio-political system which
existed in most of Europe during the 18th century
• Countries were ruled by absolutism - the
monarch had absolute control over the
• Classes of people - privileged and unprivileged
- Unprivileged people - paid taxes and treated badly
- Privileged people - did not pay taxes and treated
- d This is the date the National Assembly ended the Old Regime, feudalism, church tithes and the special privileges of the First/Second Estates
- e Reason women march on Palace of Versailles
5 Multiple choice questions
- - Had the largest population
- Declared themselves the National Assembly
- The leaders under Robespierre who organized the defenses of France, conducted foreign policy, and centralized authority during the period 1792-1795 and the oversaw the Reign of Terror
- 1792—1795: abolish
monarchy; establish republic—shift towards
- • Plebiscite
• 1802: First Consul?
• 1804: Emperor?
"Order, security and
- French revolutionary heroine (a Girondist) who assassinated Marat (1768-1793)
5 True/False questions
How did Napoleon deal with the 3rd Coalition? → Uses military tactics such as speed, surprises Austrians and 50K surrender.
- December 1805: Austerlitz, defeats Russian and Austrian armies, Austria surrenders.
Problems France/The Revolution faced by 1793. → Austria, Prussia, Spain, Portugal, Britain and the Netherlands form coalition against France.
Estates → Political groups that agree on objectives and policies; the origins of political parties.
Louis XVI → French nobles who fled from France during the peasant uprisings. They were very conservative and hoped to restore the king to power.
What was the directory and how did the course of the Revolution change under its governance? → - Corrupt and inefficient.
- Napoleon overthrew it with the Coup d'etat
- Replaced by the Consulate.