Study sets, textbooks, questions
Upgrade to remove ads
Terms in this set (27)
What 3 things make up the evaluation period in the OT process?
Referral, screening, & evaluation.
OT practitioner's ability to communicate with the child & the childs family/caregivers while being aware of his/her own personal feelings.
Therapeutic Use of Self
- Organize our thinking
- Provide practitioners with a FW for thinking about & arranging materials.
- Focus on the factors that influence functioning
The human is an open system.
Volition, Habituation, Performance, Environment.
The worth of the individual is central to this concept. Performance of occupation takes place w/in social, physical, & cultural environments.
COPM (spirituality, occupation, context)
Looks at person in terms of physical, social, and emotional factors. Occupations are the everyday things people do. The environment (context) influences the person & occupations.
PEOPM (person-environ-occup-perf. model)
- Identify current level of functioning
- Work on next step to achieve skill
- Intervention includes practice, repetition, education, & modeling of skill
- Development occurs overtime & between skills (gross/fine)
- Children may experience a gap in development
- By improving the ability to process sensory info, the body's ability to plan & execute mvmts will improve
- Difficulty processing sensory info. (vestibular, proprioceptive, tactile)
Sensory Integration FOR
Goal is to: 1)assess physical limitations on the clients ROM, endurance, & muscle strength. 2) improve ROM, strength, & endurance. 3) prevent or reduce contracture or deformities.
- Normalize muscle tone & improve mvmt pattern in occupations
- Children learn motor patterns when they "feel" normal mvmt patterns
Task-oriented approach: children learn motor skills best by repeating the occupations in the most natural setting, varying the requirements. They learn from their motor mistake.
Motor Control FOR
- Children re-learn lost skills
- Develop compensatory strategies & develop adaptive techniques
- Help children regain function for independence in occupations
- Help children practice, improve strength, ROM & endurance
- Success leads to the desire to continue to perform & succeed
- The human is an open system
MOHO (habituation, volition, performance, enviro)
- Help us decide how to intervene for direct OT intervention
- Inform OT practitioners what to do based on theory, research, & clinical experience
- Help OT practitioners identify problems & develop solutions
Instruments a profession uses to bring about change.
Occupation, purposeful activity, activity analysis, activity synthesis, activity configuration, therapeutic use of self.
Legitimate Tools (LT)
Analyzing an activity to determine how & when it should be used.
Activity Analysis (LT)
Adaptation & grading.
Activity Synthesis (LT)
Selecting what will be used based on child's age, interest, & abilities.
Activity Configuration (LT)
Goal directed behavior or tasks that constitute occupations.
Purposeful Activity (LT)
- Should be measurable, observable, clear & written in terms of behavior.
- Need to be very specific & address problems that have been identified
- Outcome of intervention
- RUMBA to write up goals
Describe skills to be mastered in a short period of time.
- Goals set for intervention session
- Planned before treatment sessions in collab w/ parent. May last several treatment sessions
- Focuses on occupations as the means & ends & emphasizing client-centered care.
- To acquire or restore the skills necessary to participate in occupation.
- Describes the materials needed for the activity, the sequential steps of the activity, & safety concerns
- Process of analyzing activities to determine how & when it should be used with a particular client.
Activity Analysis (AA)
Identifies the physical, cognitive, & social-emotional components involved in a specific task.
Task-Focused Activity Analysis
OT practitioner analyzes the actual intervention & identifies the child's & family's strengths & weaknesses.
Child-&-Family-Focused Activity Analysis
Sets found in the same folder
Pediatric Evolve Questions: Final
Exam 2 Review
Feeding and Dressing Equipment
Other Quizlet sets
Exam review 5
things fall apart questions
Theory and Stratification
mnls - U 4