5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- if you broil it is broiled, or char broiled
- the broiler
- to drizzle
- a food with a lot of salt & a strong salt flavor
- b cooked by direct heat, as over a fire, on grill or under an oven broiler
- c a cooking unit with a radiant heat source located above the food- generally used to cook at high heat for a shorter time than "roasting"
- d to drip a carefully controlled amount of sauce, gravy or icing over a food item in a thin stream, generally controlling the flow & amount drizzled for its attractive visual proportions as well as its proportional flavor contribution to the main food item.
- e like, thick liquid, resembling soup; gushy & soft
5 Multiple choice questions
- to eat a meal, usual refers to dinner or supper [main meal of the day] but in a restaurant can refer to customers who have come to eat, any time of day, any meal.
- food cooked by submerging it in boiling hot [bubbling hot] water
- food cooked in steam (vapor), food cooked above boiling water (not in the water)
- foods grown or raised without synthetic fertilizers or pesticides or hormones
- food cooked on the grill over a flame
5 True/False questions
a microwave oven, or "the microwave" → is a kitchen appliance that cooks food by passing an electromagnetic wave through it
a stove or "stove-top" → food you buy at a restaurant & take home
A la carte → a gravy or other flavored blend [usually liquid] used to accent or enrich the taste of food, served as an accompaniment or "drizzled" on top of the food or around the dish before serving
processed food → food recently made or picked
table linens → tablecloths, placemats and napkins