5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- the "work center" in a kitchen is
- if you grill it, it is grilled [other references "cooked on a BBQ" "cooked over an open flame"]
- table linens
- a the section in a kitchen that has been designed around a specific activity.
- b food cooked on the grill over a flame
- c the main course of a meal, the main dish
- d light food or beverage that begins a meal and is designed to stimulate the appetite
- e tablecloths, placemats and napkins
5 Multiple choice questions
- food with less fat
- a dish that holds a larger portion of food to be divided into individual servings; no one uses their personal flatware to eat directly from the serving dish, it is a common plate that holds food to be eaten by more than one person
- individual parts for salad & types of salads are arranged in serving dishes on one table, diners take a plate & serve themselves, then return to their own table to eat
- includes plates, cups, saucer, and bowls.
- ableware implements for cutting and eating food
5 True/False questions
fresh → basically the juices that drip from cooking meat sometimes developed into a sauce that is more than just meat juices
the oven → the kitchen appliance used for baking or roasting
to chop; is then chopped, cut into sections, diced → to cut something into smaller pieces
to split the bill → a large shallow dish used for serving food; a serving dish
Dutch treat → an arrangement of paying in which each person pays his own way; to "Go Dutch"; to "Split the check"