5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- a chunk; a piece; a section
- a platter
- table appointments are
- cage free
- a a large shallow dish used for serving food; a serving dish
- b food cooked at home
- c all the items needed at the table to serve and eat a meal.
- d animals that are fed in the open & allowed to graze & move around rather than confined to a narrowly defined cage or a crowed enclosed group area
- e a large thick piece of something that does not have an even shape
5 Multiple choice questions
- a cooking unit with a radiant heat source located above the food- generally used to cook at high heat for a shorter time than "roasting"
- a person who has very particular demands when eating and dislikes many types of food
- what you eat before the main course; meant to stimulate not satisfy the appetite
- a style of serving a food where serving dishes of food are placed on a "buffet" [usually a long table for only food, dishes & flatware]. Diners take plate & serve themselves from the buffet, then move to another table to seat to eat.
- what you eat after the main course
5 True/False questions
dinnerware → includes glasses of many shapes & sizes for different types of drinks.
gravy → food recently made or picked
the farmer's market → a workplace where baked goods (breads & cakes & pastries) are produced or sold; may be its own shop or be part of a larger grocery store
processed food → has substances added to it before it is sold, in order to preserve it, improve its colour, etc.
glassware → includes glasses of many shapes & sizes for different types of drinks.