5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- the broiler
- a serving dish
- if you roast it, it is roasted, & is "a roast"
- a what you eat after the main course
- b Cooked on a barbaque [a flame grill], &/or seasoned with BBQ Sauce
- c meat cooked in the oven
- d a cooking unit with a radiant heat source located above the food- generally used to cook at high heat for a shorter time than "roasting"
- e a dish that holds a larger portion of food to be divided into individual servings; no one uses their personal flatware to eat directly from the serving dish, it is a common plate that holds food to be eaten by more than one person
5 Multiple choice questions
- monosodium glutamate, a white crystal, added to enhance flavor. Many people are sensitive or allergic to MSG
- a large thick piece of something that does not have an even shape
- food with a lot of salt & a strong salt flavor
- the section in a kitchen that has been designed around a specific activity.
- "Produce" = fresh fruits and vegetable grown for the market
5 True/False questions
humane farming → animals that are fed in the open & allowed to graze & move around rather than confined to a narrowly defined cage or a crowed enclosed group area
low salt → food with less fat
if you bake it, it is baked. [other common references: "baked goods" "from the bakery" & "fresh baked"] → food cooked in the oven
Au jus → a gravy or other flavored blend [usually liquid] used to accent or enrich the taste of food, served as an accompaniment or "drizzled" on top of the food or around the dish before serving
appetizer → a person who slaughters or dresses meat for market