5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- 3 hominins believed to be ancestors of modern humans
- Cro Magnums
- a Preserved remains, impressions or traces of organisms usually found in sedimentary rocks. When an organism dies its soft parts are usually broken down by a bacteria or eaten by scavenges in a short time only hard parts such as bone, shells, teeth etc remain.
- b Early name given to modern humans
- c OH
- d Structures that appear similar or carry out a similar function may not have a common ancestry
Analogous structures are the result of convergent evolution
- e Chimpanzees, Homo erectus and Neanderthals
5 Multiple choice questions
- A group of similar individuals that are capable of interbreeding and producing fertile offspring
- The formation of a new species as a result of an ancestral population's becoming isolated by a geographic barrier.
- Geological time is divided into a hierachy of different categories. All geological time is initially subdivided into eons.
- The living animal closely related to modern humans
- Classification of modern humans and their human like ancestors 6 million years ago
5 True/False questions
Variations in populations → Mutations
Resistance in a circuit → *In a series circuit the voltage is divided between components (resistors)
*The current is all the same in all parts of the circuit
Light Emitting Diode → Have all the same characteristics of a normal diode, but they have useful property of emitting light when they are conducting
Extinction → Refers to long time changes that can be observed in living things through geological time
Evolution → *measures the push of electricity through a conductor
*unit for voltage