5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- How many years did Athenian youths spend as epheboi (cadets)?
- What political involvement became available for an Athenian citizen from 18 (20 in practice)?
- Citizens had full freedom of....? (what social rights?)
- What were the two Greek words for Athenian citzens?
- What was a symposium?
Ecclesia (attending & initiating, debating and voting of legislation)
- b politai & astoi
A private dinner party
- d 2
- e Movement, speech and association
5 Multiple choice questions
- 1 year
- The annual polis festival which celebrated Athena
5 True/False questions
What was a deme? → The stripping of citizenship.
What legal duty did a kyrios have? → An emergency tax levied on property by the assembly during war
Why might a non-citizen occasionally be granted partial or full citizenship? → Council of Areopagus
What did the 451 BC law decree? → The nominal command of a warship, its outfitting and maintenance and the training (though not payment) of the crew
What subjects did Athenian boys study at school? → 7