5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Bataan March
- ll people of Japeneses background be removed from the west coast
- they would use them as bases to launch attacks
- Code talkers
- a What did General DeWitt recommend?
- b s, Navajo troops who used their language to send messages in a code the Japanese were never able to break
- c Why did American forces want the islands of Iwo Jima and Okinawa?
- d s, April 1942, American soldiers were forced to march 65 miles to prison camps by their Japanese captors. It is called the Death March because so may of the prisoners died en route.
- e s, Japanese suicide pilots who loaded their planes with explosives and crashed them into American ships.
5 Multiple choice questions
- August 15?
- s, a limited portion or allowance of food or goods; limitation of use
- WHat was the sOviets best ally against German Army?
- s, FDR, Churchill and Stalin met at Yalta. Russia agreed to declare war on Japan after the surrender of Germany and in return FDR and Churchill promised the USSR concession in Manchuria and the territories that it had lost in the Russo-Japanese War
- June 6, 1944 - Led by Eisenhower, over a million troops (the largest invasion force in history) stormed the beaches at Normandy and began the process of re-taking France. The turning point of World War II.
5 True/False questions
disbelief, they though it was was war propaganda → Why did American forces want the islands of Iwo Jima and Okinawa?
hitler suicide → s, prejudice and/or hatred of jews.
Anti semitism → s, prejudice and/or hatred of jews.
Battle of the bulge → s, December, 1944-January, 1945 - After recapturing France, the Allied advance became stalled along the German border. In the winter of 1944, Germany staged a massive counterattack in Belgium and Luxembourg which pushed a 30 mile "bulge" into the Allied lines. The Allies stopped the German advance and threw them back across the Rhine with heavy losses.
Japanese advances halted → August 15?