5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Germany Surrendered
- japan surrendered
- final solution
- disbelief, they though it was was war propaganda
- a May 8?
- b August 15?
- c s, the Nazi program of exterminating Jews under Hitler
- d What was the initial American reaction to the final Solution?
- e s, a limited portion or allowance of food or goods; limitation of use
5 Multiple choice questions
- What happened on april 12, 1945?
- June 6, 1944 - Led by Eisenhower, over a million troops (the largest invasion force in history) stormed the beaches at Normandy and began the process of re-taking France. The turning point of World War II.
- s, Japanese suicide pilots who loaded their planes with explosives and crashed them into American ships.
- s, prejudice and/or hatred of jews.
- Why did American forces want the islands of Iwo Jima and Okinawa?
5 True/False questions
Code talkers → What happened on april 12, 1945?
Japanese advances halted → August 15?
Battle of the bulge → s, December, 1944-January, 1945 - After recapturing France, the Allied advance became stalled along the German border. In the winter of 1944, Germany staged a massive counterattack in Belgium and Luxembourg which pushed a 30 mile "bulge" into the Allied lines. The Allies stopped the German advance and threw them back across the Rhine with heavy losses.
Bataan March → s, a limited portion or allowance of food or goods; limitation of use
hitler suicide → s, prejudice and/or hatred of jews.