5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- disbelief, they though it was was war propaganda
- FDR dies
- final solution
- Anti semitism
- Bataan March
- a s, prejudice and/or hatred of jews.
- b What was the initial American reaction to the final Solution?
- c s, April 1942, American soldiers were forced to march 65 miles to prison camps by their Japanese captors. It is called the Death March because so may of the prisoners died en route.
- d What happened on april 12, 1945?
- e s, the Nazi program of exterminating Jews under Hitler
5 Multiple choice questions
- s, FDR, Churchill and Stalin met at Yalta. Russia agreed to declare war on Japan after the surrender of Germany and in return FDR and Churchill promised the USSR concession in Manchuria and the territories that it had lost in the Russo-Japanese War
- s, December, 1944-January, 1945 - After recapturing France, the Allied advance became stalled along the German border. In the winter of 1944, Germany staged a massive counterattack in Belgium and Luxembourg which pushed a 30 mile "bulge" into the Allied lines. The Allies stopped the German advance and threw them back across the Rhine with heavy losses.
- Where did American Soldiers enter WWII?
- June 6, 1944 - Led by Eisenhower, over a million troops (the largest invasion force in history) stormed the beaches at Normandy and began the process of re-taking France. The turning point of World War II.
- What did General DeWitt recommend?
5 True/False questions
Germany Surrendered → August 15?
Code talkers → What happened on april 12, 1945?
japan surrendered → May 8?
Kamikaze → s, Japanese suicide pilots who loaded their planes with explosives and crashed them into American ships.
Ghetto → WHat was the sOviets best ally against German Army?