5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Germany Surrendered
- they would use them as bases to launch attacks
- disbelief, they though it was was war propaganda
- final solution
- a Why did American forces want the islands of Iwo Jima and Okinawa?
- b May 8?
- c s, the Nazi program of exterminating Jews under Hitler
- d s, a poor densely populated city district occupied by a minority ethnic group linked together by economic hardship and social restrictions
- e What was the initial American reaction to the final Solution?
5 Multiple choice questions
- s, Navajo troops who used their language to send messages in a code the Japanese were never able to break
- s, December, 1944-January, 1945 - After recapturing France, the Allied advance became stalled along the German border. In the winter of 1944, Germany staged a massive counterattack in Belgium and Luxembourg which pushed a 30 mile "bulge" into the Allied lines. The Allies stopped the German advance and threw them back across the Rhine with heavy losses.
- Where did American Soldiers enter WWII?
- What did General DeWitt recommend?
- August 15?
5 True/False questions
Winter → s, a poor densely populated city district occupied by a minority ethnic group linked together by economic hardship and social restrictions
Rationing → WHat was the sOviets best ally against German Army?
hitler suicide → s, prejudice and/or hatred of jews.
FDR dies → June 6, 1944 - Led by Eisenhower, over a million troops (the largest invasion force in history) stormed the beaches at Normandy and began the process of re-taking France. The turning point of World War II.
Japanese advances halted → August 15?