5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- ll people of Japeneses background be removed from the west coast
- Code talkers
- FDR dies
- Anti semitism
- a s, Japanese suicide pilots who loaded their planes with explosives and crashed them into American ships.
- b s, Navajo troops who used their language to send messages in a code the Japanese were never able to break
- c What happened on april 12, 1945?
- d What did General DeWitt recommend?
- e s, prejudice and/or hatred of jews.
5 Multiple choice questions
- s, the Nazi program of exterminating Jews under Hitler
- What was the initial American reaction to the final Solution?
- What happened on april 30 1945?
- Where did American Soldiers enter WWII?
- s, a limited portion or allowance of food or goods; limitation of use
5 True/False questions
Japanese advances halted → What happened for the first time at the battle of coral sea?
Ghetto → WHat was the sOviets best ally against German Army?
Battle of the bulge → s, December, 1944-January, 1945 - After recapturing France, the Allied advance became stalled along the German border. In the winter of 1944, Germany staged a massive counterattack in Belgium and Luxembourg which pushed a 30 mile "bulge" into the Allied lines. The Allies stopped the German advance and threw them back across the Rhine with heavy losses.
Yalta Conference → s, FDR, Churchill and Stalin met at Yalta. Russia agreed to declare war on Japan after the surrender of Germany and in return FDR and Churchill promised the USSR concession in Manchuria and the territories that it had lost in the Russo-Japanese War
they would use them as bases to launch attacks → Why did American forces want the islands of Iwo Jima and Okinawa?