5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- exclusion operator
- Uniform Resource Locator (URL)
- a generally a minus sign (-), are used so that only Web pages excluding those criteria are retrieved
- b a form of spyware that generates annoying pop-up and banner ads
- c The identification of an Internet resource's type and location is performed through its
- d small files written to your hard disk by the Web sites you visit
- e spreads from computer to computer by user action
5 Multiple choice questions
- a computer file included with an e-mail message.
- uses tags to specify how a Web page should display.
- record keystrokes to provide cybercriminals with confidential data
- use email, instant messaging, chat rooms, pagers, cell phone, or other forms of information technology to make repeated credible threats of violence against another individual or family members of an individual
- The first part of a complete URL
5 True/False questions
The Domain Name System → a system used by the internet to link domain names with their corresponding IP addresses.
Transmission Control Protocol/Internet Protocol (TCP/IP) → what the URL is made up of: domain name, path, and resource name.
privacy → an individual's ability to eliminate the collection, use, and sale of confidential personal information
web beacon → alert the sender that the spam message has been opened, adding your address to a list of validated addresses.
computer virus → code concealed inside a program that can harm or destroy files