Study sets, textbooks, questions
Upgrade to remove ads
Chapter 1 quiz
Terms in this set (10)
What is the correct term for a credential comprised of a course or series of courses on a specific topic with an end-of-course assessment?
Which of the following best describes a professional certification?
- a credential awarded after verification that an individual has demonstrated the knowledge and skill required to enter a job role
- a non-expiring credential to perform designated job duties in a specific field of practice
- a time-bound license awarded to an individual to work under specific laws and regulations
- a credential issued by a governmental agency with regulatory rights over the profession and its members
A credential awarded after verification that an individual has demonstrated the knowledge and skill required to enter a job role
Attending a one-day workshop focused on teaching indoor cycling best describes which of the following types of credentials?
- Professional certification
- Specialist certificate
- Regulated certification
Which of the following best describes NCCA accreditation?
- accreditation awarded to individuals who earn a professional certification
- accreditation awarded to education programs that meet all NCCA Standards
- accreditation awarded to certification programs that meet all NCCA Standards
- accreditation awarded to fitness professionals who meet Standards to work with collegiate athletes
Accreditation awarded to certification programs that meet all NCCA Standards
Which of the following is within the ACE Certified Group Fitness Instructor scope of practice?
- Treating a participant's injury after it has been diagnosed by his or her physician
- Educating participants about health-related topics to facilitate long-term success
- Helping participants in a weight-loss program develop meal plans
- Recommending the use of over-the-counter anti-inflammatories to manage post-exercise soreness
Educating participants about health-related topics to facilitate long-term success
At what point is an individual first responsible for adhering to the ACE Code of Ethics?
- After completion of the exam
- After getting fired as an ACE Certified Group Fitness Instructor
- After earning the ACE certification
- After registering for an ACE certification exam
After registering for an ACE certification exam
Which of the following is correct regarding the Allied Healthcare Continuum?
- Fitness professionals implement exercise routines and meal plans
- Chiropractors and acupuncturists are not included in the continuum
- Physicians are the "gate keepers" of allied healthcare
- Physicians must refer patients to a physical therapist before a fitness professional
Physicians are the "gate keepers" of allied healthcare
Which of the following best describes a certificate received after continuing education?
- A certificate validating that an individual has passed an assessment of professional competence
- A certificate designating that an individual has completed a course on a specific topic
- A certification earned to practice as an expert in the content covered by the continuing education
- A credential awarded to individuals who complete continuing education taught by and ACE certified professional
A certificate designating that an individual has completed a course on a specific topic
Which of the following scenarios would warrant referral of a group fitness class participant to an appropriately qualified healthcare professional?
- A participant shows up for class saying that her muscles were pretty sore after attending a HIIT class last week
- A participant asks if he should drink water or a sports drink after a 60-minute indoor cycling class
- A participant says that he has been experiencing knee pain since participating last week in a new sports conditioning class
- An apparently health individual who has been sedentary for more than three years shows up for a group strength class
A participant says that he has been experiencing knee pain since participating last week in a new sports conditioning class
Which of the following falls outside the ACE Certified Group Fitness Instructor scope of practice?
- Conducting pre-class assessments of participants
- Providing participants with a free trials of a supplement
- Determining if equipment for a group fitness class is damaged or unsafe
- Responding to emergency situations when they occur
Providing participants with a free trials of a supplement
Sets found in the same folder
ACE group fitness exam part 1
ACE Group Fitness Exam Part 2
Other sets by this creator
Other Quizlet sets
Bio Ch. 10 Test
Chapter 8 Lesson 3