5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Fossil Record
- Why are the same fossils found on different continents?
- Green color in plants comes from?
- a the history of life in the geologic past as indicated by the traces or remains of living things
- b Because of continental drift.
- c Chlorophyll
- d the entire genetic makeup of an organism
- e the formation of new species as a result of evolution
5 Multiple choice questions
- Rocks- organisms buried by sediment. The fossils are preserved when sediment hardens to form sedimentary rock.
Amber- organisms get caught in sticky tree sap. sap hardens to form amber and then the fossil is preserved.
Ice- organims fall or die in water, and become preserved fossils when the water freezes and becomes ice.
Asphalt- pools of sticky asphalt trap and preserve organisms to make fossils
petrification- when an organism's tissues are replaced with minerals
- A nuclear membrane forms around each set of chromosomes, and the chromosomes decondense. Mitosis is complete.
- The principle that states that younger rocks lie above older rocks if the layers have not been disturbed.
- Spores are carried to different places
- In a cell that lacks a wall, the cell pinches in two. In a cell that has a cell wall, a cell plate forms and seperates the cells into two new cells.
5 True/False questions
Fossil Evidence → ...
DNA---- What is it and where is it located? → DeoxyriboNucleic Acid is the hereditary material that directs all cell activities, including the making of new cells. It's located in the nucleus of the cell.
Mendel → a group of organisms that are closely related and can mate to produce fertile offsring
Be able to complete a genetic cross and discuss the outcome → tells us if the two organisms are similar or related, and also helps us find common ancestor
Chromosome? → an organism's appearance or other detectable characteristic