5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Discuss the four parts of natural selection.
- How is moss different from an angiosperm?
- DNA---- What is it and where is it located?
- Dominant trait
- a In eukaryotic cells, one of the structures in the nucleus that are made up of DNA and protein; in a prokaryotic cell, the main ring of DNA.
- b Overproduction- organisms may have many offspring but not all of them survive
Inherited Variation- every individual has its own combination of traits. Each organism is similar but not identical to its parents
Struggle to Survive- some organisms may get caught by predators. others may starve or get diseases. only some of them will survive to adulthood.
Successful Reproduction- the organisms that are best adapted to their environment are likely to have many offspring that survive.
- c moss-nonvascular
- d DeoxyriboNucleic Acid is the hereditary material that directs all cell activities, including the making of new cells. It's located in the nucleus of the cell.
- e the trait observed in the first generation when parents that have different traits are bred.
5 Multiple choice questions
- Mitosis begins. Chromosomes condense from long strands into rod-like structures.
- So plants can absorb energy from the sun and change the energy into food through the process called photosynthesis.
- the formation of new species as a result of evolution
- a plant that has specialized tissues that conduct materials from one part of the plant to another.
- the likelihood that a possible future event will occur in any given instance of the event
5 True/False questions
What are the 3 independent lines of evidence that provide the basis for the theory of evolution? → Precambrian Time- life and oxygen appears, more complex organisms known as eukaryotes appear
The Paleozoic Era- Cambrian explosion, many marine life forms appear, life on land began, and the Permian Extinction
The Mesozoic Era- dinosaurs, first mammals appeared, K-T extinction
The Cenozoic Era- ice-ages, mammals, humans appear, still Cenezoic Era today
Parts of a flower? → Stamen, pistil, anther, pollen, petal, sepal.
Genotype → the entire genetic makeup of an organism
How is a gymnosperm different from an angiosperm? → moss-nonvascular
Punnett square → an organism's appearance or other detectable characteristic