Study sets, textbooks, questions
Upgrade to remove ads
Terms in this set (10)
Which of the following is the best description of a per-choreographed class?
Classes scripted from start to finish with planned music, cues, and moves. Pre-planned classes provide guidelines for instructors, but they can make their individual choices from a longer list of option for exercises, music, etc
A warm-up should include which of the following goals?
- keeping arms below the level of the heart
- gradually redistribute blood flow to the working muscles
- providing progressions and regressions
- incorporating visualization techniques
Gradually redistribute blood flow to the working muscles
The talk-test, heart rate, and ratings of perceived exertion are primarily used to monitor exercise intensity during which segment of a group fitness class?
- cool-down segment
- warm-up segment
- conditioning segment
- core segment
What is a minimum recommendation for static stretching during the post-conditioning cool-down segment of a group fitness class?
- perform one repetition of a stretch for each major muscle group, holding each stretch for at least 15-30 seconds
- perform two repetitions of a stretch for each major muscle group, holding each stretch for at least 15-20 seconds
- perform 2-4 repetitions of a streth for each major muscle group, holding each stretch for at least 30-60 seconds
- perform 2-4 repetitions of a stretch for each major muscle group, holding each stretch for at least 15-30 seconds
Perform one repetition of a stretch for each major muscle group, holding each stretch for at least 15-30 seconds
Which skill-related component of fitness is described as the ability to smoothly and accurately perform complex movements?
Which component of fitness is described as the ability to perform repeated or sustained muscular contractions over a period of time without fatigue?
- muscular endurance
- muscular strength
Which class type would be most appropriate for a participant who wants to focus on a cardio respiratory endurance workout?
- group strength
The evidence-based recommendations for aerobic exercise include which of the following?
- exercise should be performed in one continuous 30-minute session each day
- vigorous-intensity exercise should be performed no more than 3 times each week
- deconditioned individuals should perform moderate to vigorous aerobic exercise on most days of the week
- sedentary individuals can yield benefits from less than 20 minutes of exercise each day
Sedentary individuals can yield benefits from less than 20 minutes of exercise each day
Which of the following intensity levels is most appropriate for novice to intermediate exercisers seeking to improve their strength?
60-70% of 1-RM for novice to intermediate exercisers to improve strength
What is the recommended repetition range for resistance exercises to improve muscular endurance?
Sets found in the same folder
ACE group fitness exam part 1
ACE Group Fitness Exam Part 2
Chapter 1 quiz
Other sets by this creator
Other Quizlet sets
Anthropology - Chapter 14 - Language and Communica…
ch. 18 study guide
FF1 chapter 16
Incorrect NASM questions