Upgrade to remove ads
Politics of the United States
American Foreign Policy quiz 3
Terms in this set (10)
Presidential roles have evolved throughout the history of the United States through ______.
Constitutional amendments, legislation, judicial rulings, and customs
Which of the following presidential roles is considered to be symbolic?
Head of state
The ______ role originates with the president's constitutional duty to nominate the secretary of state and ambassadors to countries abroad and to receive foreign ambassadors.
Which of the following is considered to be an advantage that allows bureaucratic organizations to remain relatively autonomous and free of presidential control?
- All bureaucratic organizations have the same goals, subcultures, and tasks over time that may be at odds with the policies preferred by the current president.
- The bureaucracy determines not only the quantity of information available to the president but also its quality.
- Bureaucrats can function without help from Congress.
- Bureaucrats are elected officials who do not have the advantage of time.
The bureaucracy determines not only the quantity of information available to the president, but also its quality.
Which of the following entities was created by FDR to cope with a rapidly growing bureaucracy?
- White House Office (WHO)
- National Economic Council (NEC)
- Executive Office of the Presidency (EOP)
- Office of Management and Budget (OMB)
Executive Office of the Presidency (EOP)
Appointments to staff agencies within the EOP, such as the WHO and the NSC, require Senate approval.
Which of the following individuals generally interacts with the president more frequently than anyone else?
Chief of staff
By using ______, the president should arrive at decisions that push the Constitution to its limits in exercising presidential power.
The ability to ______ is a negative exercise of power.
Block others from doing something
The ______ posits that as a result of World War II and the rise of the Cold War, the presidency became powerful in foreign policy, but weak in domestic policy.
Two presidencies thesis
OTHER SETS BY THIS CREATOR
Foreign policy ch.10
Foreign Policy ch.11
Foreign Policy ch.9
Foreign policy ch.6
OTHER QUIZLET SETS
AP Psychology Unit 8/9 Vocabulary
Flu, Pneumonia, TB
11. B. Vázolja fel a tevékenységek felmérésének re…
chapter 7 - accounting for receivables