Study sets, textbooks, questions
Upgrade to remove ads
psat vocab 5 3/10/2021
Terms in this set (10)
SAT Context: "Without, at least, intermittent feeding on the pyrethrum producing plants"
1. (adj.) Occuring at irregular intervals; not continuous or steady / Simplified: happening inconsistently
SAT context:" The river flows beneath; barges pass, aden with timber, bursting with corn;"
1. (n.) a long flat bottomed boat for carrying freight on canals and rivers, either under its own power or towed by another / Canal boat, flat boat
2. (v.) Move forcefully or roughly / shove, push
SAT context:" This frequent experience of gift-giving can engender ambivalent feelings in gift-givers."
1. (v) Cause or give rise to / Cause
SAT context: " Many relish the opportunity to buy presents because gift-giving offers a powerful means to build stronger bonds with one's closest peers"
1. (v) look with difficulty or concentration at something or someone / squint
2. (n) member of the nobility in Britain or Ireland / aristocrat
3. (n) a person of the same age, status, or ability as another specific person / equal
SAT context:" The notion of gift-givers and gift-recipients being unable to account for the other party's perspective seems puzzling"
1. (n) conception of or belief about something / idea, understanding
2. (n) an impulse or desire / impulse
SAT context:" Chie heard her soft scuttling footsteps, the creak of the door"
1. (n) metal container with a handle used to fetch and store coal for a domestic fire
2. (v) run hurriedly or furtively with short quick steps /scamper
3. (n) an act or sound of scuttling / Scamper
SAT context :" WE propose a unique psychological explanation for the overspending problem"
1. (v) put forward a plan or suggestion/ Suggest
2. (v)Nominate someone for an elected office / nominate
3. (v)Intend to do something / intend
4. (v)Make an offer to marriage / ask someone to marry you
SAT context : " It is a solemn sight always"
1. (adj)Formal and dignified/ dignified
2. (adj)Not cheerful or smiling / serious
3. (adj)Characterized by deep sincerity / sincere
SAT context:" It might be difficult to persuade the public the public that such barren environments are worth preserving."
1. (n) a group or drove of mules / group of mules
2. (adj) too poor to produce vegetation / desert
3. (adj) showing no result or achievements / unproductive
4. (adj)Infertile / sterile
5. (adj)A place that is bleak or lifeless / gloomy
6. (adj)Empty of meaning or value / pointless
7. (adj)Devoid of / lacking
SAT context:" Questions of their stewardship have barely been broached."
1. (v) raise for discussion / introduce
2. (v) pierce to draw out liquid / pierce
3. (v) open and start using contents of a bottle / puncture
4. (v) presenting a side to the wind and waves and losing steera ge control / lose control
Sets found in the same folder
psat vocab set 1 : 1/27/2020
psat vocab set 2 : 2/3/2020
psat vocab set 3 : 2/10/2021
psat vocab 4 2/24/2021
Other sets by this creator
European Countries and Capitals
ap set 5
ap set 4
Other Quizlet sets
Final Exam Review
SMS Chapter 11.1 World History
Preach My Gospel Lesson 1