5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Without decomposers...
- a the community plus the non-living things they interact with
- b the plants would die, therefore no life because decomposers put nutrients back into the soil.
- c modified leaves of cacti that protect against animals attacking it for water
- d large regions of Earth that share similar rainfall and temp. and vegetation/animal life
- e decomposed organic matter of dead plants/animals
5 Multiple choice questions
- carnivores that eat secondary consumers; top of the food chain; least stable trophic level b/c changes when other trophic level changes
- many food chains interwoven with each other
- cell respiration of animals and bacterial decomposers (& burning of fossil fuels) add CO2 and remove O2 from air, but photosynthesis removes CO2 and adds O2 to air
- change plants in fields
- dense canopy that allow little sunlight or rain on the floor
5 True/False questions
mark and recapture → maximum support of an environment for a population;
Changes in alt. are similar to changes in... → size, density, and dispersion.
factors of biotic potential → change plants in fields
niche → includes what an organism eats and what it needs to survive
density-independent factors → no relationship with population density