Study sets, textbooks, questions
Upgrade to remove ads
4th grade Reading Journeys 20: Sacagawea
Terms in this set (10)
Which detail BEST supports the main idea that Lewis and Clark were leading a large expedition?
1. They needed a guide to lead them.
2. They had forty men traveling with them
Which detail supports the idea that it was too difficult for the Corps of Discovery to travel in the winter of 1804?
1. The explorers built a fort.
2. The Missouri River was muddy.
Which phrase from the article does NOT help readers follow the sequence of events?
1. "Nearly two weeks later"
2. "Battered by hail, rain, and wind"
Which word in the sentence below is an example of onomatopoeia?
The crew built creaky, clumsy wagons to carry their boats and supplies.
Which sentence from the article supports the idea that Sacagawea helped the crew?
1. "As Sacagawea walked along the riverbank, she carried Pomp on her back, in a cradleboard or wrapped up snug in her shawl."
2. "Sacagawea stayed calm and rescued the captains' important things— journals, gunpowder, medicines, scientific instruments— every bundle she could reach."
When did Sacagawea discover that the Shoshone chief was her brother?
while she was translating at a council with the Shoshones
Which sentence does NOT support the idea below?
The journey across the Rockies almost killed the explorers.
1. They mounted horses and left their boats behind.
2. The mountain paths were narrow and dangerous.
What did Sacagawea want to do BEFORE returning home to the Knife River Villages?
see the Pacific Ocean
What is the main idea of this article?
Sacagawea helped Lewis and Clark explore the route to the Pacific Ocean.
How does the author organize the information in this article?
by telling the events in the order they happened
Sets found in the same folder
4th grade Journeys 14: The Life and Time…
4th grade Journeys 15: Ecology for Kids
Journeys 4th - Reading 1 - Because of Wi…
4th grade Journeys 16: Riding Freedom
Other sets by this creator
Journey's 5th: Lesson 28: Fossils A Peek to the Pa…
Journeys 5th Grade Lesson 27: Mysteries…
Journeys 5th Grade Lesson 26: Animals on the Move
Journeys 5th Grade Lesson 25: Lewis and Clark
Other Quizlet sets
Healthcare Reimb-ch.17 (Paranoia Agent)
Spanish Dialog 2
BMS 133 Final Exam
The Power of Language